News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

thank you MikeW781, I believe that the terrorist groups are straying too far from the principles which Islam holds dear, to be truly Muslim. Islam is a religion consisting mainly of nonviolent dogmas.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Steelfist

Indeed; I agree with Duskling, although I would add that they are also formed to give people a 'scapegoat'. It is 'God's Will'!

Incidentally, the Quaran prohibits suicide. Something to think about.

The Holy namelesskitty

I know, if I'm not mistaken, so do the Bible and the Torah.

Kudos on spelling Quaran correctly.

MikeW781

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on August 24, 2010, 10:33:57 AM
I believe that the terrorist groups are straying too far from the principles which Islam holds dear, to be truly Muslim. Islam is a religion consisting mainly of nonviolent dogmas.
This is true. Many people believe that Islam is a religon that encourages terrorism, but it is in reality a few evil people who twist the religon to get people to do what they want. Christianity was used for the same purpose throughout European history- wether to keep monarchs in power or convince the people that they should go to war, like in the Crusades.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steelfist

Religion does seem to make people very easy to manipulate.

Cypher

I just love manipulating people... especially my friends. :-* They never even notice it...

Steelfist

Agreed, but let's not get off-topic.

Cypher

Quote from: Steelfist on August 24, 2010, 12:18:06 PM
Agreed, but let's not get off-topic.
Originally, I was going to say that, but then I get carried away...
Damn this forum really needs a cheesy smiley...

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that the pros and cons of religion are on topic, including that people often are manipulated by religion.

Steelfist

That is on topic, but that isn't precisely what I was talking about.

Tastidian

You know the earliest of religions where almost always polytheistic than the very fist monotheistic religion came in Egypt. Ancient Egyptians worship was a form of syncretistic polytheism, except briefly during the reign of Pharaoh Akhenaten , who became an uncompromising monotheist in the 14th century BCE. The economic distress that occurred at the end of his reign was seen as a warning from the gods and his successor restored the ancient beliefs.

MikeW781

Quote from: Cypher on August 24, 2010, 12:58:03 PM
Damn this forum really needs a cheesy smiley...
:D is labeled Cheesy.

Quote from: PinkPanzer on August 25, 2010, 07:10:01 PM
You know the earliest of religions where almost always polytheistic than the very fist monotheistic religion came in Egypt. Ancient Egyptians worship was a form of syncretistic polytheism, except briefly during the reign of Pharaoh Akhenaten , who became an uncompromising monotheist in the 14th century BCE. The economic distress that occurred at the end of his reign was seen as a warning from the gods and his successor restored the ancient beliefs.
Thats interesting. Our teachers always taught that Juadism was unique for being monotheistic, and I believe I was told that it was the very firsy monotheistic religon. Maybe the source used for that meant widespread monotheistic religons, or ones existing today.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Cypher

Apart from what I expressed earlier, I also believe there is an infinite number of parallel dimensions.

Steelfist

In answer to the time old question; if God doesn't exist, then what are the chances of the world being perfect for life?

In short; very, very high! Let us take, for example, the theory that the universe is infinite. Let us accept that it is the case, just while I explain.

If the universe is infinite, so are the chances that there will be life. On many planets, in fact. No matter how low the probability, it is still almost certain. Let us take the probability of 1/100. If you times it by infinity (Which is impossible, of course), then it will reach 100, making it almost certain to occur, an infinite number of times. Whatever the probability that a planet will sustain life, it will still be almost certain to occur an infinite number of times.

I probably didn't explain very well, so feel free to ask for clarification on any point.

Cypher

I sure there is intelligent life out there. There's little probability, but lot's of possibility...