News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

As I stated; it's almost certain.

Ertxiem

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Steelfist

Well, I shall ponder it.

I might answer the question. But the opposite is equally possible . . .

Duskling

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 26, 2010, 06:28:30 PM

Anyone else see how incredibly right that is? Any intelligent life out there knows that we are, while some aren't, a very violent and close-minded race, if we just open our eyes, we could see that. Besides, they know we'll think that they are trying to invade, kill their diplomats, and start a war nobody wanted, but we will, inevitibly, lose. Now, am I right, or does Duskie-Poo watch too many movies? :D

bugfartboy

Duskie-Poo watches too many movies. They'll rot your teeth and fingernails 'ya know.

Steelfist

'Poo is right, though, depressing as it is.

Tastidian

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 25, 2010, 09:51:26 PM
I am hardcore baptist. There is a God. There is only one God. Where did space come from? Where did matter come from? Why is the universe constantly expanding? It had to have had a beginning, otherwise, where did it come from? It the earth were any closer to or from the sun, it would burn, or freeze. Random? Not. Chariots at the bottom of the dead sea? Biblical scripture says it. These are the questions.
Don't leave your self so closed minded. Though I am a believer of the same exact religion as  you are you still gotta know some facts. The big bang theory the most well known theory to explain our existence. There is hard proof of the theory so don't think its a bunch of b.s. One of the most significant proof is the heat from the bang. The big bang of course generated unfathomable amounts of heat. (Now here comes the fact I'm to lazy to research on, but I do know this explanation for a fact.) Now to my memory I think it was radio waves or antenna arrays that caused its discovery. Radio waves or some other wave in the Electro Magnetic Spectrum found a weird static that can only be derived from a heat signature. How is his possible you ask. Well to bad I forgot that part too. Also I forgot or I didn't remember correctly on the facts I have written on.

Tastidian

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 27, 2010, 11:37:28 PM
Alright, where did the matter come from? Where did the space for it come from?
Do you not get it the extrem heat created the bases of it from protons to quarks. Over millions of development matter was finally created. Billions later our solar system.

bugfartboy

Where did the quarks come from? Magic?

MikeW781

I see what you mean; the start of matter, how it all came to be is a mystery. It possibly always will be. However, I prefer to gain information on the world around me from solid facts, rather than faith.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Cypher

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 28, 2010, 09:59:27 AM
I see what you mean; the start of matter, how it all came to be is a mystery. It possibly always will be. However, I prefer to gain information on the world around me from solid facts, rather than faith.
Yes, me too... I especially hate 'Leaps of Faith'.

Cypher

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 28, 2010, 11:46:02 AM
Fact: a man fell into a fire and lost 90% of all his skin. Fact: the doctors told him that they would need a skin transplant. Fact: as he was going into sugery, the doctors peeled away the bandages to find all the skin healed. How did that happen? The man was Christian.
So I'm going to assume that your Christian too...

Cypher

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention...  :D

MikeW781

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 28, 2010, 11:46:02 AM
Fact: a man fell into a fire and lost 90% of all his skin. Fact: the doctors told him that they would need a skin transplant. Fact: as he was going into sugery, the doctors peeled away the bandages to find all the skin healed. How did that happen? The man was Christian.
I do not believe these occurences are miracles, merely things about our world that we have yet to understand. Furthermore, I do not believe that a God who does nothing about war, natural disasters, starvation, and poverty would heal a single man. It doesn't make sense that the suffering or death of millions in a single event would be unattended, but the death of a single man would be.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Cypher