News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

Personally, I'm guessing that Dinos went extinct shortly after the flood. That's the first mention of season changes, and since dinos needed a warm climate to survive, I'm guessing a lot of them died in the first winter.
Quote from: Ersatz Man on October 29, 2010, 08:13:23 AM
Also, you know that Catholic School I go to? I learned that, apparently, since Jesus died for us, EVERY single sin we ever do is sort of 'absorbed' by that. I questioned my R.E. Teacher and, according to her, Hitler could be in heaven right now.
Personally, I think that is an attempt to "sell Christianity" by diluting it down to nothing so that no one will be offended by it.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

cyso

I doubt Hitler was a true Christian. If he was, then I would be extremely surprised. But, you are right. No middle ground.

Duskling

I say that Hitler only believed he was a true Christian, and felt that, as such, he had a right to exterminate Jews because of their beliefs.

cyso

I didn't know that he thought he was a Christian. I very much doubt he was.

Duskling

No, I meant he was Christian, but thought of himself as a "Super Christian," and, as such, as previously stated, thought it was his right to destroy Judaism because of his beliefs. 

cyso

Well, maybe Hitler did believe he was a Christian, but I don't. I don't think a Christian would arrange a genocide.

Steel Ersatz Man

Well, what happens to someone who thinks they're doing the right thing (therefore pleasing God) but they are actually doing the wrong thing? e.g. helping an injured serial killer therefore killing lives or killing a serial killer to save lives. They can both be viewed as good or bad. Hitler believed that he was doing the right thing. He must have stuck by the old saying 'the ends justify the means.' So, people like that just find themselves in the wrong circumstances, so, will they do to heaven or hell? Good and evil are almost never clear. Also, what about a kind, lets say, buddhist. He/she was a good person but didn't believe in God or Christ. So,according to the bible, that person should go to hell. Will he/she? Will he/she not? Things that can be viewed differently by diferent people. God's one being, (3 if you believe in the trinity) how does someone's morals in their life be decided? Or, is it just the thought that counts? Debate.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

ArtDrake

Well, they get old. Then, something very interesting happens; first, their heart stops beating. Then, their brain promptly suffers a serious infarction, as there is no way to get blood to the brain without the heart being functional. During this process, the person dies the same way they would through suffocation or asphyxiation; they have a sense of euphoria, and then everything stops.

Then they go take a dirt nap. And stay there. Or at least their body does. Whatever made them who they were stopped being at their death.

Silly humans  :P immortal souls are for Greek and Roman gods.

Steel Ersatz Man

Quote from: Duckling on November 01, 2010, 09:08:25 PM
Well, they get old. Then, something very interesting happens; first, their heart stops beating. Then, their brain promptly suffers a serious infarction, as there is no way to get blood to the brain without the heart being functional. During this process, the person dies the same way they would through suffocation or asphyxiation; they have a sense of euphoria, and then everything stops.

Then they go take a dirt nap. And stay there. Or at least their body does. Whatever made them who they were stopped being at their death.

Silly humans  :P immortal souls are for Greek and Roman gods.

That would be the case but what if the brain was preserved?

cyso

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 01, 2010, 09:27:46 PM
Quote from: Ersatz Man on November 01, 2010, 10:26:27 AM
Well, what happens to someone who thinks they're doing the right thing (therefore pleasing God) but they are actually doing the wrong thing? e.g. helping an injured serial killer therefore killing lives or killing a serial killer to save lives. They can both be viewed as good or bad. Hitler believed that he was doing the right thing. He must have stuck by the old saying 'the ends justify the means.' So, people like that just find themselves in the wrong circumstances, so, will they do to heaven or hell? Good and evil are almost never clear. Also, what about a kind, lets say, buddhist. He/she was a good person but didn't believe in God or Christ. So,according to the bible, that person should go to hell. Will he/she? Will he/she not? Things that can be viewed differently by diferent people. God's one being, (3 if you believe in the trinity) how does someone's morals in their life be decided? Or, is it just the thought that counts? Debate.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

NKJV

Nothing we do ourselves can match the holiness of God. Thus, that person would ultimately go to hell no matter what they had done.
We sin, we don't win.
But on Jesus's side, we can survive the tide.
Completely agree. You don't get to heaven by "doing good", because you already failed. One way to describe it would be like getting a zero on a one question quiz that was 50% of your grade, with no make up grades. You can do good on the other 50%, but you still fail.

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 02, 2010, 10:14:02 PM
One sin is all it takes. The very first and boom. Access denied. Go straight to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect eternal life. And there you stay until Jesus comes along. By then, you would most likely love jail and never want to leave. But he offers you the get put of jail free card. Expires: Never. But it'll change you. No doubt about it. He'll even give you an unlimited supply  of business cards to give to others in jail. Then they give him a call if they want. Then if they accept, they start doing the same thing. But those who refuse until death, get sent to mega jail. No escape once your there. Hell. Now if life really were a big game of Monopoly, would you take the card? Or refuse and go to jail forever?
So... what you're saying is, most likely, all of us go to Hell, then, when Jesus decides you have learned your lesson and it would be hard to refuse his "get out of jail free card," he comes down and offers it to you, and if you refuse you stay there forever, or will the chance come again?

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 02, 2010, 10:43:36 PM
[spoiler]Ask me about the end of the world! It's one of my favorite topics to discuss. Just don't ask when it is. No man knows the day nor the hour.[/spoiler]
Sure, go ahead, but if no man knows the day nor the hour, how would you know?

Duskling

Ok, how would you know when the end of the world is?

Steel Ersatz Man

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 02, 2010, 10:50:10 PM
The Lord Jesus gave us signs to look for. Give me a couple minutes and I'll find them for you.

-Update-
Quote from: Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
This is why I say no man knows the day nor the hour.

Here is where Jesus reveals the signs amd more.
[spoiler]
Quote from: Matthew 24
The Temple to Be Destroyed
1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
The Disciples' Two Questions
3  Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
The Tribulation
4  And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9  "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. 15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.
23  "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26  "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it.
The Second Coming
27  For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
29  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Parable of the Fig Tree
32  "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
Illustration of the Days of Noah
36  "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Illustration of the Two Servants
45  "Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
[/spoiler]

Let me just get what type of Christian you are, please answer these questions:

1. Are you a roman catholic, protestant or other?
2. Are you a fundamentalist?
3. What is your view on homosexuality?

Barzul

Hmm... I have been gone for a while, a lot to catch up on. As for this one, I honestly thought someone would have said something a long time ago to get this page locked. I'm impressed. But anyways, the reason I post here is to ask bug if he follows all of Leviticus if he believes in 18:22. Including not eating pork, never touching the skin of a pig, abstaining from eating shellfish, using contraceptives, wearing blends of fabric, wearing gold, banning all ancestors (even past the tenth generation) of bastards (people born of an unmarried couple) from entering church and prayer, etc.