News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed. Any are.
3. Maybe. As an atheist, I am ambivalent on this.
4. No. People don't emphasize or advertise the differences between aurium and pyrite, and nobody confuses those for long.

cyso

Well, apparently, people confuse Christianity and other Abrahamic religions. I'm guessing it comes from ignoring the differences and focusing on the similarities.
Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on November 18, 2010, 11:39:23 PM
I think that the Abrahamic religions are all the same, they all have the same real principles, the only reason for conflict is a handful of idiots.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

ArtDrake

You may note that I am neither Holy, Nameless, or feline. Don't take it up with me.

cyso

I'm not. But, you did claim that we don't need emphasize the differences to much, and you inferred that no one would confuse them when you made the statement about aurum and pyrite. However, people do confuse them.

bugfartboy

Namely because those are names that are rarely used in the common day. I think I would know if my own religion were Islamic or another Abrahamic religion.

The Holy namelesskitty

You're Christian right? That's Abrahamic. Besides give me a major difference, make it three.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

I never said it wasn't Abrahamic. I just said I would know if it were another.

cyso

Differences between Christianity and Judism:
Jews do not believe in Jesus. Christians do.
Jews still believe in the Mosaic law, and believe they are still under it. While Christians respect and to some degree believe it, they realize that Jesus has freed them from the conviction of the law.
Jews do not believe pretty much anything in the New Testament.
I'll do differences between Islam and Christianity latter.

The Holy namelesskitty

1. They believe he was a prophet, but not the messiah.
2. Reformist Jews actually believe that the law is not and never was absolute, I don't speak for all Jews but many that I do know agree with the previous statement.
3. In what sense? Do you mean the messiah bit or all the rest?

bugfartboy

The New Testament is based off the Messiah in it's entirety. They don't believe in any of it I believe.

cyso

Exactly. They don't believe anything in the New Testament. So, if you really want to figure out three differences between Judism and Christianity, go to the New Testament, and look for three things that aren't in the Old Testament.

bugfartboy

Let's see.
Difference 1:
John 1:14
And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory; glory as of the only begotten of the father.

Difference 2:
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Difference 3:
Romans 3:21-26
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness fo God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate his righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time his righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Enough examples for 'ya?

The Holy namelesskitty

Quotes do not count as examples only evidence.

Duskling

But examples also count as evidence, so, if quotes are evidence, they can be examples too.

ArtDrake

For my dos centavos, I thought that quotes were testimony...