News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post / Download New Battles!

Started by KZ, February 09, 2010, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Honouring a long-time tradition, let's continue being creative!

This is what CraigStern has to say about it:

"This is now the official thread to post your own battles, and download battles created by other TSoG players. Here's how it works:

To Play Posted Battles
--Download the .sol file
--Find the directory where your maps have been saved ("the home directory"); if you want to keep them, back them up somewhere so they don't get overwritten!
--Move the .sol into the home directory.
--If you want the map to show up in a different slot, just rename it.
--Now just go into Map Editor, load that map, then hit Test Map!

To Post Your Battles
--Saved maps are named TelepathRPG3_map01.sol, TelepathRPG3_map02.sol, and so on.
--Find the directory where your maps have been saved. (Right-click C:, Search, type in the name of the file, and search. Make sure you've got searching for hidden files enabled!)
--Pick the .sol file with the number of the map you want to host.
--Post a screenshot, and attach the .sol file to your post."

PS
The thread was getting cluttered with a lot of messages with regards to how to post battles and download them, and any issues that arose during the process. All those useful/informative posts can be found in a new thread here. Now this thread has only submissions in it. ;) Upload and download them, folks!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

KZ

'Tis been a long time, but here is, finally, a new submission, just to show you folks how it can all be done. ;)

Here comes "Sweet Noon" (slot 9; capture boss; defend person; easy-medium): see if you can get through the merecenaries protecting the Shadow Guardian in the corner of the map- forget not the presence of battlefield objects to get to the boss with melee attacks. ;)

Hmmm... Craig, is it me being temporarily blind and simply not seeing it, or is there no "attach" option in the "additional options" drop-down list?
Ok, for now the map can be found here.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

KZ

Right, here comes another one, praising the newest enemy addition to the map editor: the Greater Ghost (slot 1; kill Boss; easy-medium; team; offensive)- see if you can best a couple of Greater Ghosts, deal with their boss before the rest of them arrive to disassemble your team?

Welcome to the forums!

Duskling

Here's the Battle of Ghost Cove. I took the "Battle at Lake Alto" scene, and adjusted it, why let a map slot go to waste? It is Slot 5, difficulty: Medium-Hard, Kill All/ Kill Boss, I can't remember. You are seperated from the rest of your team, so it should be interesting for seasoned players. Though Duskling made this map using the default team, so your team may not be in the same positions, just as a warning.

[spoiler=Map Picture][/spoiler]

This is Duskling's first time at posting a map, so his fingers are crossed. Duskling hopes you like it if it works!

bugfartboy

The Cave of Shadows
Difficulty: Hard
Goal: Capture the Square

Warning: Do not play with default team. Well upgraded team recommended.

Woodland Defense
Difficulty: You tell me
Goal: Defeat Boss, Defend the Square

PS can anyone PM me how to insert pictures into my post from my hard-drive without attaching them?

Ertxiem

You may find some help in the Forums "how to". (I posted here the link in case somebody else needs that reference.)

Alternatively, you may insert them as attachments as you did with the .sol files. If the pictures are too large for that, you may try to save them as .png or .jpg files instead of .bmp (I assumed that you're using Windows, clicked the Print Screen key while looking at the map in your monitor, opened Paint, pasted the image inside and saved the file). If the images are still too large to include as attachments, you may shrink them (say, by 50%) to reduce it's size (to about 25%, in that example).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.