News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Spammers

Started by SmartyPants, October 24, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

In a forum without moderators, it the regular forumer's job to point out spammers.

cyso

Did you start this thread because of what "GOD" did? Cause he's spamming.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

I've noticed it to. He's being rediculous and wasting our time. He wants all enemies speeds raised to 100 in an attack that deals 5000 damage to everyone on the screen. And he wants an orb that raises speed but weakens them. Spamming is the only word for it.

SmartyPants

GOD- Besides having a huge ego, he has also been spamming two topics.
*First, he spammed New attacks for teammates with an obviously intentional, ridiculous suggestion
*Second, he formulated an orb without suggesting it.  The name of the orb implies he is spamming that topic too.

bugfartboy

I know. I saw that. I sent a PM to Craig just in case.

Duskling

Well, looks like the change was only temporary, we need to keep a closer eye on GOD from now on, anymore spamming should result in a "Warning Ban," or a short ban intended as a warning.

MikeW781

I think this is a bit of an over-reaction to a ten year olds idea of a joke. i say just ignore him untill a mod comes back online, then get them to warn/ ban him
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Quote from: MikeW781 on October 24, 2010, 05:10:17 PM
I think this is a bit of an over-reaction to a ten year olds idea of a joke. i say just ignore him untill a mod comes back online, then get them to warn/ ban him
Alright, but I meant, spamming in general from GOD, just to let him know we won't have it here.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on October 24, 2010, 05:10:17 PMI think this is a bit of an over-reaction to a ten year olds idea of a joke. i say just ignore him untill a mod comes back online, then get them to warn/ ban him
It is not an overreaction.  Every time "God" appears on the forum, he flames or spams.  This is not the first time for him.

bugfartboy

As I said, I have alerted Craig to the issue. Whether or not this grows into something more before he notices or not though, I don't know.

CraigStern

It's enough to report spam posts--we don't need to have a whole thread dedicated to this. Locked.