News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

new site (group project)

Started by Xemadus Echina, August 29, 2010, 10:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

out of impulse and for some reason that I really don't know, I created an email and website for the sinister design forum regulars on google.  If you're interested in joining this group project then send me a pm and I'll send you the email and password.

Edit:  I'm trying to find some sort of shout box so we can say who is doing what and when.  The base of this idea is so that we can have some sort of "VIP lounge" that is out of the prying eyes of everybody that visits the forum.  Like it or hate it it doesn't really matter to me.  And who knows if it really takes off then maybe it will turn into something more.
People that have been invited (in order of my memory)
bug, dusk, nameless, kz, ert, craig, steel, panzer, smart, mike.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

Yayyyyyy!!! Finally something for us regulars!!!

Xemadus Echina

The new site is officially open for use.  If you are a regular and have not received the link then let me know.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on August 29, 2010, 10:40:15 PM
And who knows if it really takes off then maybe it will turn into something more.
I would like to see that happen. However, I don't like the idea of it being "private," as it may sound unfair to other users. I think the project may be successful, give some time and some dedication.

Xemadus Echina

rant that may contain pointless/offensive/conceited content.
[spoiler]if it isn't private then that kills the purpose of it being a VIP lounge.  To get the link you need to be around for a while.  Since it's my site and everything I'll decide when a person has been around long enough but ultimately anybody who knows the link can decide.  I just ask that you don't let people in just because they asked.  The only thing people can just ask for regarding the site is editing it and that's only if they already have the link.  In conclusion, Please respect my wishes and don't invite people just to invite people.  In the future I see it as a possibility of Craig using the site as a sort of beta site for late beta stages when it goes into closed beta.  If you can give me the name of a site who lets newbies join in closed betas then please give me the link so i can beta test some closed beta games :P [/spoiler]but seriously rantings aside Just don't invite people for the sake of inviting.  Invite people who the majority of form regulars know and who have made significant contributions.
im writing a book!
You never know

KZ

So, rainen, what is the point of this VIP lounge- what exactly will be discussed there?
(Just as an aside- how about adhering to proper grammar and punctuation? :P)
Is it to discuss things Telepath related? Think about what Craig is doing with his project and future of SinisterDesign? Simply talk about life and all, general discussio  off-topicky kind of stuff?

What are the criteria for getting in (methinks these should be clearly defined so that no one gets offended in the process- since this is a selective, highly subjective process)?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Cypher

Quote from: KZ on August 30, 2010, 11:42:34 AM
So, rainen, what is the point of this VIP lounge- what exactly will be discussed there?
Is it to discuss things Telepath related? Think about what Craig is doing with his project and future of SinisterDesign? Simply talk about life and all, general discussio  off-topicky kind of stuff?

What are the criteria for getting in (methinks these should be clearly defined so that no one gets offended in the process- since this is a selective, highly subjective process)?
Should be the person's post count and time of registration compared to now, I guess.

bugfartboy

Quote from: KZ on August 30, 2010, 11:42:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing but he beat me to it. What about you must have such and such number of posts, the overall general quality must be at least decent , and what about how often they get on? And what is the email used for? What about like a blab board to post announcements?

[spoiler] Grr... Cypher beat me to it!! [/spoiler]

Xemadus Echina

somewhat disorganized brain ooze [spoiler]Alright so the site is used for the regulars to talk about private stuff I.E. if and when Craig's games go into private stages of testing.  It can really be used for whatever is needed though.  As it's name suggest it's also a place that we can customize outside of the strict settings of the forum.  As of now I'm giving out the link based on how often I interact with a certain person(whether or not I remember their user name) but certain things will have to be ironed out at a later date.  My idea is people that have been on the site for a month at least and are known for making meaningful contributions should be allowed in.  I'll leave that up to the group though since it's not just my place to hang out.[/spoiler]
Ok so this is a more organized section of information:
The new site can be used for what ever is needed.  Whether it be closed testing or just a place for us to hang out and chat outside the confines of the forum in a group made location.  As I said before it can be used as a resource for Craig if he decides that some things he's doing should have a certain level of privacy.  As far as invitation goes my thoughts are that if a person has been on the site for around a month, has a record of making meaningful posts, and is involved in the community, they should be given the link and allowed access to the site.
im writing a book!
You never know

bugfartboy

But no inviting newbies just to invite them, right?

KZ

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 30, 2010, 10:20:05 PM
But no inviting newbies just to invite them, right?
Methinks doing so would defeat the purpose of selectivity of the said site. ;)

Just out of curiosity, how many folks have been invited so far?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

I have. I think Duskling has. Anyone else?

Xemadus Echina

bug, dusk, nameless, kz, ert, craig, steel, panzer.  The link is in your PM.  If you want to edit the site then just send me a pm back and i'll send you the username and password.
im writing a book!
You never know

KZ

How would you like the site to be run?
Do you want it more in terms of a chat-box, or a mini-forums?
Any kind of ground rules/guidelines, etc?
Welcome to the forums!

Xemadus Echina

well the ground rules would be the same as here.  It's basically just a place to organize information and it has a chat box on it as well.  Basically it's just an idea that will evolve into whatever we make it into.
im writing a book!
You never know