News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Sonny

Started by ArtDrake, August 20, 2010, 11:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Thank goodness not everyone around here hates Sonny.

The first one it more grinding based, and the second one is buff-based, and while there's a plot, there are no decisions left  to the player, and no side-quests.

The Holy namelesskitty

Still it's good and you can choose to train or to plow right ahead with the plot battles, that is sort of a choice right?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Yes, but I meant plot choices. I like Sonny 2, too, you know. I was just pointing out its flaws.

The Holy namelesskitty

I had no idea, maybe wecoyld find some other time, unless your party has not happened in which case count me in.

The Holy namelesskitty

Wow you really scared me that's something that you could've done over a pm instead.

bugfartboy

What happened? Or do I want to know?

Idozen Cair

Sonny's a good game, though it needs a bit more plot. The gaming is fantastic!
I doesn't care, do I?

Steelfist

Sorry, but I think it sucks.

I just don't like it.

ArtDrake

I thought that the first time around, it was better than other games released at abou the same time.

The second time I played the game, it stank. Sonny 2 was an improvement, but it gets old fast.

Duskling

The two problems I have with Sonny 2 so far, it takes so long to load and the storyline is completely mapped out for you, you can't control it at all.

ArtDrake

The loading time to playing time ratio was okay, if they expected you to replay the entire game just for the sake of trying another class.

Yes, I have a problem with the never-changing storyline. But isn't that how most games are, including Telepath?

bugfartboy

Telepath gives you more freedom. In Sonny, you can either continue with the story or grind. Little freedom, no side quests.

ArtDrake

Yeah, you can change how your character acts in Telepath, but it only affects your interactions outside the main storyline.

cyso

Well, there was the decision at the end of TRPG2 that split the main storyline in two.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

MikeW781

I honestly though Sonny 1 was interesting, as was Sonny 2. On the other hand, it was way to linear and grinding based. Both of which are flaws in TRP2 as well. However, it was worse in both terms in Sonny. In Sonny 2 (im using it for reference because i played it today, and haven't played Sonny 1 in a while) you had one instance where you could choose 2 teammates out of 3 possibilites, you could choose between 3 classes, with one obviously ahead, you could only ever train or advance in the story, and there were like, 3 options to see dialouge in each stage. Also, to play on Heroic, you had to grind grind grind! It was soooooooo annoying. In TRP2, you could choose from a wider variety of teammates, customize the Main a bit more, and make a few choices that made a difference. Also, you could cut down grinding times with strategy.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!