News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Who do you consider your personal idol?

Started by Duskling, August 30, 2010, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Pretty self-explanatory, eh? :)

Mine is Georgy Zhukov, the most celebrated general in Russian history so far.

bugfartboy

I have no idol. Pretty self-explanatory eh?

KZ

I wonder how many people actually do have an idol? From all the talk I've had with friends, teammates, colleagues and whatnot, very few actually idolize someone, so it seems much more the exception than the rule these days. Am I the only one who thinks so?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Cypher

Barzul

Alan Turing.

Cracked the Nazi Enigma Code in WWII and the grandfather to the modern day computer. And also created the Turing Test, which is used to this day to test if a computer has reached Artificial Intelligence levels.

Ertxiem

I don't really have an idol. However, there are some people that I admire.
One of them is Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Ah, Feynman- most physists love him :P
(Chemists will go with Mendeleev, and methinks bilogists will stick with Darwin.)

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Einstein is quite well known too.
I must also mention Carl Sagan as one of the best communicators that I saw (only on TV, unfortunately).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Tastidian

Martin Fröst The best clarinet player in the world!

ArtDrake

I, think Richard Feynman is epic. He is, if not an idol, an example.

Greg Mortenson is definitely a person whose ideas are amazing, and who is a great example for how to live.

MikeW781

I was reading about Greg Mortenson in US History today, and agree completely. Despite never studying him in-depth, I think he is very generous and admirable.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

The Holy namelesskitty

Me, that may sound self absorbed but hear me out, I believe that for one to truly respect another one must first and foremost respect oneself. If that is not the case then one must admit to giving the respect of one that one does not respect, and if that is the case one cannot respect at all.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

You forgot that crucial word "oneself", but I see your point, and it is somewhat valid. Without self-respect, it's obsession.

The Holy namelesskitty

Exactly my point, most people throw some stupid argument at me.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic