News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New TRPG game

Started by Duskling, August 22, 2010, 10:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Quote from: CraigStern on August 22, 2010, 10:47:03 PM
This won't be making it in to TSoG, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the Telepath game that comes after it. ;)
Well, at least now we have direct confirmation of a next Telepath game from the very source. The question, however, is "Will it be like TSoG?" as in, "Will we have to pay for it?"

Cypher

We won't have to pay for it. If I know Craig well, the next one will be for free, but the one after (if he makes one) you'll have to pay for. Am I right Craig?

ArtDrake

Hmm. I had gotten the impression that if it's going to be any good, it's not going to be free.

MikeW781

TRPG2 was free, and pretty damn good....
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 24, 2010, 09:18:33 AM
TRPG2 was free, and pretty damn good....
I second that, but it was less... bold than TSoG, less filled with content, but still had plenty of it to satisfy.

Ertxiem

Furthermore, TRPG2 was done while Craig was still studying and he hadn't decided if making games would be a sort of an hobby (with some ad revenue) or his main source of income.
Nowadays, he's making games for a living. So I guess we'll continue to see a free demo and a paid version for each game he makes.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Xemadus Echina

If you'll read the "ask the developer a question forum" you'll see what he has to say on the future of this game and us regulars
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Ertxiem

Topic moved from Use mouse to walk.
The speculations about the new TRPG game can continue here. :)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

I wonder if it will tie into TRPG 1-3 at all. Or if it is going to be separate from the others and follow a different path. Hmm...

Zackirus

When I was making my: The Strange Traveller mission, I emailed Craig about whether countries existed outside of Cera Bella. He told me yeas and I asked him a bit more about it and he told me that other countries are beyond the scope of TSoG. Now, we know that the Telepath games follow a certain patter because they are about political issues (TRPG 2: Slavery, TSoG: Religion and Faith) so we can assume that the next Telepath game with follow in that trend. What I am suggesting is that the next Telepath would be about War between different countries. However, the possibilities are endless. 

Here is the quote so people know I'm not lying!

Quote from: CraigStern on July 13, 2010, 11:52:29 PM
There are, but they are beyond the scope of TSoG.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: Zackirus on September 14, 2010, 11:11:28 AM
When I was making my: The Strange Traveller mission, I emailed Craig about whether countries existed outside of Cera Bella. He told me yeas and I asked him a bit more about it and he told me that other countries are beyond the scope of TSoG. Now, we know that the Telepath games follow a certain patter because they are about political issues (TRPG 2: Slavery, TSoG: Religion and Faith) so we can assume that the next Telepath game with follow in that trend. What I am suggesting is that the next Telepath would be about War between different countries. However, the possibilities are endless. 

Here is the quote so people know I'm not lying!

Quote from: CraigStern on July 13, 2010, 11:52:29 PM
There are, but they are beyond the scope of TSoG.
I think that Traten should be introduced in TSoG, so that we know what is going on in the next game, as popping that out of nowhere will do the story more bad than good.

Xemadus Echina

the important thing to me is, will it be like trpg 2 and 3 or will it be it's own style of game (in this other site i frequent[the developer there is also making a tactical strategy game XP] the developer took a break from TSG's and made an action rpg side scrolling shooting type map.)  This leads my to the real question at hand (gotta have background info right? :P) will you take a break from tactics games and improve upon your shadowling assassin game? I personally wouldn't mind seeing it become a full game :P
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

Quote from: rainen on September 15, 2010, 06:14:43 PM
the important thing to me is, will it be like trpg 2 and 3 or will it be it's own style of game (in this other site i frequent[the developer there is also making a tactical strategy game XP] the developer took a break from TSG's and made an action rpg side scrolling shooting type map.)  This leads my to the real question at hand (gotta have background info right? :P) will you take a break from tactics games and improve upon your shadowling assassin game? I personally wouldn't mind seeing it become a full game :P
As would I.

ArtDrake

Where would things we might want to see in TRPG4 go? Or is it too early?

bugfartboy

Let's see how TSoG comes out for now before we start letting the ideas fly.