News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What does Ertxiem stand for?

Started by KZ, August 31, 2010, 07:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

Oh! You found the truth! In fact Ertxiem is the nickname not of one person but of two persons. We're siamese twins! One born in Sweden and one born in Vietnam! Go figure!
Mmm... perhaps there is something wrong with this theory... I wonder what.

Anyway, that would explain why I'm fluent in (some of) those languages. The only problem left to explain is why would I be fluent in Portuguese.

And, to be honest, I'm afraid I'm fluent in only 2 of those 4 languages languages, with some occasional kicks in the grammar.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Hmm... I see nothing wrong with my theory. But perhaps the Portugese was, as you said, just a fluke? Maybe you have twin children and your grandmother set up this and other accounts for your kids but you took it until they were mature enough. Thus, "YourTwins".

Ertxiem

Bugfartboy: How did you guess that my grandmother is an expert in all stuff related to the internet and that I have twins? Lol.

Quote from: Duckling on March 27, 2011, 12:08:51 PM
Ert, você realmente falam Português?

The question should be
Ert, você realmente fala Português?
(fala is 3rd person of the singular, while falam is 3rd person of the plural)

And my answer:
Sim, mas é difícil falar em Português ao mesmo tempo que escrevo em Inglês! :)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

It's common knowlege Ert. We all knew you had kids. I mean, just look at Corrupt a Wish! :-[ And the fact that your grandmother was an Internet expert was just a lovely piece of luck.

ArtDrake

Ah. Google translate fails me again. I also notice the grammatical discrepancy when translating from and to Spanish (which I'm halfway decent at, but sometimes if I translate whole phrases, the second person gets switched to the impersonal... ).

I digress.

I can't help but wonder if the fact the letters making up MIT are all present is at all significant...

Ertxiem

But my name was not chosen based on luck, Bugfartboy.

And do you have a theory about MIT, Duckling?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

ArtDrake

Just the start of one... I may get back to you on that.

Ooh! I know! Looking at your name, I can see that "Ertxiem" is actually composed of two words, both backwards.

Ertxiem and

Ertxiem.

That is to say, you are a representative of Mitre Ex, also known as MITRE-X, or the Massechusetts Institute of Technology Real Estate Exchange, who, for ten years, recruited prospective MIT students from Brazil (who might then buy real estate...), where you subsequently learned Portuguese.

You can't tell me I'm wrong! :P

Ertxiem

I can't tell you that you're wrong. So, you're surely right! :)

However, there is a slight problem with Brazil: the time zone... Do you care to explain the discrepancy between the Brazilian time zone and the one in my profile?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

ArtDrake

Hmmm... probably because you decided to make your own personal time zone to fit that of the college students you're recruiting; it's a bit awkward when you show up at nine, and they're still asleep. So instead, you just moved your whole clock ahead six (?) hours to match a college schedule.

On a side note: has your time zone reached summer time yet? That is to say, has Daylight Savings Time or the equivalent happened?

Ertxiem

So, are you asking if my personal time zone has a Daylight Savings Time or not... I guess the answer is simple: if the students I'm trying to recruit sleep more in the Summer when the Sun is up I guess I have to follow that trend! :P
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

I've got it!!! Ert is actually one of many!!! He's a computer program bought from Programs-B-Us and downloaded onto Craigs computer. Then, Craig being the genius he is, rewrote Ert's initial programming so that Ert seemed to have a personality. Then he set him up on the old forums to secretly spy on all of us and then set him up as a mod here to keep things in line. And the reason Ert was "gone" so long was because Craig was forced to pull him offline for a while so he could be tweaked.

"Where is he going with this?", you might ask. Well, here it is. Ertxiem actually stands for

Electronic Record and Responding Transmitter for Xeoroxing Intimate Electronic Messages.

Therefore ERRTXIEM. However, it was shortened to ERTXIEM by Craig to divert suspicion.

And there you have it. Ert is no person. He is really just a program Craig uses to keep us in line!!! :) ;) :-[ So he should be called "it" now.

I finally ended the speculation!!! And don't even get me started on KZ. :P

ArtDrake

That's a bit dehumanizing...  :(

bugfartboy

It's called me coming up with an at lest somewhat reasonable idea that sucks up to Craig at the same time. :) And it's Ert's real identity.

Ertxiem

Oh. You fount the truth. You just forgot to mention the fazan game incident, a lead that gave away the truth.

I just would like to know what is the meaning of the "Xeoroxing Intimate" part of my name. I'm afraid the police will start banging on my door in no time.

I would like to see your ideas on KZ's thread! :D
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

Alrighty then. To KZ's thread!! :D

What front door? Of your website home? Where is that, by the way? Did Craig buy you your own website to work out of? :D :P