News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Bronze Golem Character

Started by SmartyPants, September 01, 2010, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorate type of Golem?

Stone Golem
0 (0%)
Bronze Golem
3 (30%)
Energy Golem
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 10

SmartyPants

Even if the topic is locked, feel free to keep voting for your favorite golem type.

In TRPG2, we have seen a Stone Golem character (Flint) and an Energy Golem character (Dorgon), but we have not heared a word from any Bronze Golems.  I want to see if Bronze Golems grunts like Flint, speak mechanically like Dorgon, or if they speak completly different from the two.  While talking to this Bronze Golem character, it would be neat to read his mind.

KZ

I remember you bring up this idea some time ago. I am all for Bronze Golem NPC, but against including a Bronze Golem on the actual team (basically, same view as before).
Methinks, from the way it was given to us in TRPG2, the Bronze golem is somewhere between the Stone and a Energy Golem in terms of complexity. For some reason, I get the impression that the mechanics in their complexity are closer to that of an Energy Golem, but the processing unit/brain is significantly simpler and may be just slightly more complicated than that of a Stone Golem. Analysing the situation in the Deeper Downs, it's clear that the Bronze Golems are able to communicate between themselves since when one spots an intruder (the Main), all the nearby golems are alerted to an alien presence and proceed to attack. Thus, I suspect that they're able to issue basic commmands, directives, inclduing an enemy/friend distinction system and location of enemy target at the very least.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 11:06:04 AM
I remember you bring up this idea some time ago. I am all for Bronze Golem NPC, but against including a Bronze Golem on the actual team (basically, same view as before).
In the old forums I suggested a Bronze Golem teammate, but now I rather see a more simple character.  I only expect to see a short conversation like one you would have with a forced laborer.

SmartyPants

We will never see a bronze golem character in TSoG, however a bronze golem named Lord Dakarai is one of the playable characters in a Telepath Tactics campaign.