News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Members going rogue

Started by Xemadus Echina, August 31, 2010, 10:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

What I really want to see is one of the team members going rogue and then the main has to go fight then 1v1.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Cypher

That wouldn't happen. They're all to loyal.

KZ

That, apart from Craig, no one knows. Though memebrs have theorized about it before.
Obviously, the most suspicious is Arman, but many people think that that is just a red herring.
(You can search this subsection of the forums- I think there is a thread or two about this.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

I would like to see arman fight or maybe a powerful psy or ghost controls their bodies.

Xemadus Echina

that could be another possibility.  Somebody is possessed and surprise attacks the team.  That's the sort of think that the second in command (I.E. Griffin) would end up doing.  Or maybe the main himself turns XP. 
im writing a book!
You never know

Ertxiem

Mmm... a battle of all teammates against Duvalier (AI controlled that must be beaten)... interesting (although it may give Craig a serious headache to code the AI).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

But with the purpose being to capture a space, through the team, while defending another space, and not killing the team. Thoughts?

Tastidian

I think the ai for fighting a team member has to be incredibly hard. Like fighting 10 Shaowling guardians and 10 Spriggats hard.

Zhampir

Arman is loyal. Extremely. It's Rahel ye should keep your eye upon. Women are not to be trusted. She's emotional, weakened by the death of her recent love, headstrong and feels she knows what's right. If the main plays it carefully she shall become very loyal, but one wrong move could turn her against the entire organization. Also, if she's captured by the enemy, with that much emotional trauma she keeps inside of her she could be easily persuaded to "turn towards the light"

Duskling

Quote from: Zhampir on September 06, 2010, 09:50:29 PM
Arman is loyal. Extremely. It's Rahel ye should keep your eye upon. Women are not to be trusted. She's emotional, weakened by the death of her recent love, headstrong and feels she knows what's right. If the main plays it carefully she shall become very loyal, but one wrong move could turn her against the entire organization. Also, if she's captured by the enemy, with that much emotional trauma she keeps inside of her she could be easily persuaded to "turn towards the light"
Now that is believable!
[spoiler=Off Topic]Welcome back Zhampir! Where have you been?[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

That would be cool. Capture the boss while defending the space.

KZ

Interesting look on the situation. I guess the Arman question will also depend on whether Duvalier joins up the Order of the Black Rose or not.

Rahel- good point, she can be emotionally fragile- how often have we seen one keeping an icy edifice crack under pressure when it is too much!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

heres an idea to work in the rahel going rogue bit.  it requires a new attack though.

Rahel learns fury.  This coupled with her already tender emotions cause her to go crazy.  A little push from a cultist sends her bearing down on Griffin looking for blood.  The main steps in and sees griffin on the floor with an arrow lodged in his armor and  then he finds rahel crying.  he goes up to talk to her but she looses it and attacks him.  in the fight she has her stats +5 as well as all her normal attacks.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zhampir

I think that should just be called "." (without the quotes) XD
You could make it happen at a 25% chance per battle or something. lol
Nah, Rahel is level headed she isn't psychotic. She would have to be manipulated or feel threatened by her teammates. Now that I think about it, she'd really only turn if the enemy captured her and tortured her or otherwise manipulated her into joining them. Such as the granting her the ability to talk to her lost love as their demonstration of Yawah's power. (Ex's are really good at screwing up a good thing >.< ) Though it doesn't seem like they're too much into conversion. Reminds me a lot of the Ori from Stargate SG1.
Let's do a break down of the team that we have actually met.

Griffin: This guy broke you out of prison just because he's your friend. He'll be loyal to the end.

Arman: He's secretive, but he needs a home, a family, and within your team he has that. How many guards did he stand up with alone just so you can rescue your parents? He ain't going anywhere.

Set: this adorable little guy will follow you like a love-sick puppy dog. Sure he has potential to go berserk and mass murder an entire town because he just bottles up all his emotions, but he's having the time of his life, like Arman he's all ways been searching for friends and the bond he has with the team is unbreakable.

Luca: A ghost lady that has a fairly remarkable memory for a ghost, but still doesn't know much about her past. She'll be  loyal until her dept to you is repaid, or she forgets you're her friend. Keep in mind she has trouble remembering her own name. She could be easily tricked into thinking you're the bad guy.

Malis: she's there for the money. And with the Cult she's losing business. She's pretty loyal to you, and even though she likely enjoys killing all the fleshlings with you, so far all she sees in you is a few gold pieces. She likely won't turn on you but will probably leave your party if a more profitable business venture is available.

Rahel: She's sweet but damaged. She likes to appear hard but definitively has a soft spot. And with the death of her bf that small mark on her has turned into a gaping wound. No matter what, if she had the chance to get back that guy she would take it. Although she would probably initially refuse if the Cult offered, she would all ways have it on her mind. As soon as your little party with her goes sour she'll start to think and fantasize about it. She would start thinking "maybe everything will be all right if I convert... Perhaps I can request that they leave my friends alone..." and so on. Once in the cult she could be brainwashed into seeing how you guys are in the wrong. She may even try to stop you, which would end violently. She's loyal to her heart.

bugfartboy

That makes sense. How would she be captured by the cult? After a mission the cult follows you and finds your HQ. Then they sneak in and capture everyone. But a Psi working for them plays mind tricks on Rahel and pretend to be her ex from the grave. But the Psi slips up and Rahel goes insane. She quickly releases several arrows into the throats of the cultists and then turns on your team in a rampage.