News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Affinity Related Stats

Started by bugfartboy, September 02, 2010, 10:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want affinity related stats?

Hell Yeah!!!
I love the idea, but I want to choose my stat.
Its okay.
It's okay but not nesesary.
I don't know.
I don't like the idea.
I hate the idea.
BE QUIET BUGFARTBOY!!!! YOU ARE WORTHLESS!!! THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!

ArtDrake

While I myself don't fully agree with the idea, for the reason that it just doesn't seem very TSoG, I really don't think that it pushes you to go it a particular direction. It just lets those people who wish to be aggressive and play as heat have a bonus. It doesn't deprive, take away from, or limit your choices. If you want to be a healer and play as heat, you could, and to the same extent you would have been able to before.

That said, light and dark really don't have any place in this, but heat would affect one's personality more than Psy Power (being fiery, passionate, and emotional), and Cold (being rational and detached) would affect your Aptitude more than anything else. That said, maybe we could come to a compromise and say: Heat affinity could have the dialogue choice to have Personality increased and Aptitude lowered, and Cold could have the dialogue option to have Aptitude increased and Personality Decreased. Then it would be even, the Temperature affinities would be unique, and it would be optional. This way, it seems more TSoG-esque.

bugfartboy

Sorry for being late. I see your points and partially agree with some of them. I don't know how to allow you to change your vote, sorry. :( :P if this idea its rejected as it currently is, I shall close the topic. Thanks.