News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Any sport (and specifically tennis) fans?

Started by KZ, September 07, 2010, 05:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Just curious if anyone likes tennis on these boards, and if yes, is anyone a "fan"? 'Cause right now it's the US Open going in full swing with some interetsing results.

On the women's side, sadly, Russian seeds fell all over the place leaving only Zvonareva (recent Wimbledon runner-up) standing. I don't really think she has that extra class to go against Clijsters or Williams, but who knows? The Dane is riding strong and I, along with many others, feel that it will be difficult to stop her (Cibulkova and , potentially, Zvonareva in the way of the final - much, much easier deal than mauling through Clijsters/Stosur and Sciavone/Williams combination (c'mon, seeds 2,3,5,6 on one side, and Dane as seed 1 versus unseed Slovak followed by seed 7 or seed 31!).

Youzhniy surprises (pleasantly) in the men's side, taking the mantle of Russian hopes whilst Davydenko (our perennial top 5-er) is struggling back with a wrist injury. Swiss Wawrinka just accounted for the last American on the man's side of the draw. Quite impressive really that Switzerland has 2 players in the last 16, whilst USA has none. Spain is still riding high and well, though Robredo is out. Nadal is still going strong. Monfils ensures a frenchman is in serious contention for the first time in 10 years. Nice to see top 3 seeds doing well. I wonder how Fed will fare against Sod- hopefully will make up for the loss at Roland Garros. Same with Novak- I'd like to see Fed and him clash in the semis for the 3rd straight year (though I would've much preferred to see a Novak-Nadal battle in the semis). Hoping there Youzhniy, being 12th seed, can make it past Wawrinka (25th seed), especially as he just had to play a tough 4 setter against Murray followed by a 5 setter against battling Querry (admittedly, on the other hand the Russian player had 4 setters in the last 3 matches).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

I watch it on occasion but not very often. I do like the sport though.

The Holy namelesskitty

I love tennis, I keep up with big tournaments and I play in two leagues, (my school and and a country club).
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

KZ

So, what's your take on US Open at the moment?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

ArtDrake

Sorry to interrupt, but I play the sport, love it, but I only watch the semifinals of Wimbledon.

The Holy namelesskitty

Quote from: Duckling on September 07, 2010, 09:13:47 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but I play the sport, love it, but I only watch the semifinals of Wimbledon.

Play as of this spring but hey, I'm not saying you're bad, just inexperienced.

Also, I find this year pretty exciting, the frenchman thing I did notice, but the rest of what you said sailed over my head, what do you think the players feelings were after the three day match?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic