News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Guess that song!

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 15, 2010, 04:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

You're absolutely right, Holy.

bugfartboy

Is no one going to guess the bug!?!

ArtDrake

I'm not dignifying that. It sounds religious. I found it on liiting.blogspot.com

bugfartboy

Oh so now you're prejudiced?

ArtDrake

No, it's just that I'm not interested in holy music of any kind.

It offends me to a certain extent that anyone believes there's a God. That's all there is to it. I mean no disrespect to any one person, I just don't agree with the whole greater power thing.

bugfartboy

I really don't care for your kind of music, but do you see me downright rejecting it?

ArtDrake

I sincerely apologize. Hours later, I realize exactly how stupid and arrogant that must have sounded. Sorry; I was low on calories. No hurt feelings?

bugfartboy

The apology heals some, but the bruise is still there.

ArtDrake

Is that a quote from the Bible? I wouldn't be surprised, and this is not a negative comment; just a point of inquiry.

bugfartboy

Nope. My own words. I can give you quote if you want.

ArtDrake

No thanks. But it's catchy. Very quotable. You might want to put it in shadows looming. But the fact that I was unable to find it anywhere but a blog is interesting.

"To Ascension and Mauritius and Brazil, de Verdes and Galapagos Islands
Mister Darwin on the Beagle sailed away for five years

Mister Darwin on his journey watched the plants, beasts and birds
He drew pictures, gathered samples, kept a journal full of words
He saw beetles, iguanas, giant tortoises, flightless cormorants

"

What's this from?

bugfartboy

Mr. Darwin?

This is more of a poem than a song:

My child, listen when your father corrects you.  Don't neglect your mother's instruction. What you learn from them will crown you with grace  and be a chain of honor around your neck. My child, if sinners entice you,  turn your back on them! They may say, "Come and join us.  Let's hide and kill someone!  Just for fun, let's ambush the innocent! Let's swallow them alive, like the grave;  let's swallow them whole, like those who go down to the pit of death. Think of the great things we'll get!  We'll fill our houses with all the stuff we take. Come, throw in your lot with us;  we'll all share the loot." My child, don't go along with them!  Stay far away from their paths. They rush to commit evil deeds.  They hurry to commit murder. If a bird sees a trap being set,  it knows to stay away. But these people set an ambush for themselves;  they are trying to get themselves killed. Such is the fate of all who are greedy for money;  it robs them of life.

The Holy namelesskitty

I might be old but I'm someone new she said
I'm so sore that I could cry always
in the night lay your tired arms

to stop with the debate placed in the wrong place

here's an epic song.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

She will have her way, by Neil Finn.

bugfartboy

We live, we love, we, for-give and ne-ver give up.
Because the days we are given are gifts from above and to-day we remember to li-ve and to-o lo-o-ve.