General > Politics

Post your theological argument here.

<< < (48/49) > >>

ArtDrake:
An anger or hatred. If one despises them, fears them, feels queasy in one's stomach around them, one is a homophobe. If someone calls another that, and that someone do not have anger towards them, or fear towards them, but he or she is just ranting about how they're an abomination, one isn't a homophobe, one's just a hateful person.

And may I enquire as to how this quite correct definition of homophobia or that of "gay" is nonsensical, senseless, incomprehensible, untrue, or increadible to you?

Ertxiem:
I moved some messages from Gay marriage.

MikeW781:

--- Quote from: MikeW781 on March 05, 2011, 11:51:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zackirus on March 04, 2011, 05:49:35 AM ---I vote that we stop using this thread for a while.

--- End quote ---
I second that... we need to take a break from this debate.

I've already dropped out, as I finally realized that both sides are completely convinced they are right, and the basis of this conviction stems from evidence the other side refuses to acknowledge. This makes the debate kinda pointless, and its not going to go anywhere except causing more negative feelings.

I've always stood by the philosophy that it is wrong to debate religion with other people, but up until recently I thought it was different when done through faceless communication with strangers. It isn't. It still leads to bad feelings and never-ending arguments.

--- End quote ---
Just gonna re-post this because it got buried with the moved messages. We should just try to live and let live for a bit.

Duskling:

--- Quote from: MikeW781 on March 06, 2011, 12:37:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: MikeW781 on March 05, 2011, 11:51:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zackirus on March 04, 2011, 05:49:35 AM ---I vote that we stop using this thread for a while.

--- End quote ---
I second that... we need to take a break from this debate.

I've already dropped out, as I finally realized that both sides are completely convinced they are right, and the basis of this conviction stems from evidence the other side refuses to acknowledge. This makes the debate kinda pointless, and its not going to go anywhere except causing more negative feelings.

I've always stood by the philosophy that it is wrong to debate religion with other people, but up until recently I thought it was different when done through faceless communication with strangers. It isn't. It still leads to bad feelings and never-ending arguments.

--- End quote ---
Just gonna re-post this because it got buried with the moved messages. We should just try to live and let live for a bit.

--- End quote ---
At this point, I agree, we should let this cool off a bit, so that there's no hatred around here.

bugfartboy:
It's a bit too late for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version