News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post your theological argument here.

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 18, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Yogc, Try it. It's incredible how bad it sounds. It's hell. It's not supposed to sound good. Bill Wiese spent about 23 minutes in hell and made a book describing it.

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

-noun
1. transgression of divine law: the sin of Adam.
2. any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
3. any reprehensible or regrettable action, behavior, lapse, etc.; great fault or offense: It's a sin to waste time.
-verb (used without object)
4. to commit a sinful act.
5. to offend against a principle, standard, etc.
-verb (used with object)
6. to commit or perform sinfully: He sinned his crimes without compunction.
7. to bring, drive, etc., by sinning: He sinned his soul to perdition.

And you wanted this why? Surely you the self proclaimed "All Knowing" know without needing to ask.

ArtDrake

When did I say I was all-knowing?  ???

And if Man doesn't believe in sin, and lives a perfectly honest life, and there was no way for a given Man to know about this divine law, is this Man still condemned?

cyso

All people have morals. They will admit that they are not perfect, and that they do the wrong thing sometimes. No one lives a perfectly honest life. I doubt you will find anyone who says they have lived a perfectly honest life and has never done anything wrong.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

For that to happen, they would need to be Jesus Christ himself. Anyone else would be a liar to say that they're perfect. We are all condemned. Sin is human nature and as Yogc said, everyone has morals. It is believes that God has an age of accountability but that that age is different for everyone. The moment you are old enough to distinguish right from wrong, and choose wrong, regardless if you have been told or not, you will be held accountable.

The Holy namelesskitty

He would be a sinner to say he was perfect. That would be pride.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Zackirus

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 29, 2010, 09:32:01 PM
Sin is human nature

Sin is not human nature. Neither is being good. If you see a old women get mugged and the thief is beside you, do you let the thief go or trip him. You have a part of your brain which handles snap decisions (the un/subconscious part of your brain) and that can't be tricked, as it is the part of brain that has all your automatic feelings, thoughts, and skills. It comes down to what your un/subconscious chooses and isn't affected by "Sin" or "Good".
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Yes the subconscience does things like that but they are more habit than yourself. And habits are learned. Sin is a nasty habit that has been passed down from Adam that we find very hard to resist. There has only been one report of someone resisting for 30 years give or take a few years and he was put to death, despite being found completely blameless under Jewish and Roman law, only to be brought back to life after three days.

cyso

Sin is human nature in the sense that it is rooted into human existence. It is like mold on an apple. Some parts of the apple may not be completely ruined, and some might be safe to eat, but the mold has roots all throughout the apple. It affects some parts worse than others, but it is still there, all over the apple.

Zackirus

Still, your sub-conscious is going to act the way it needs to be in that situation. For example: when your crossing the street and a car is about to hit you, your mind doesn't think of sin at that time, it just thinks of jump!

Yogc: That can be said about Good and Neutrality as well.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

Yes, there is still some good in man, just like there is still some edible apple in a moldy apple, but we are stained with sin. We are fallen.
Actions caused by your subconscious are not sin. Sin is a conscious thing. When you do something wrong subconsciously, it's just a mistake. But, you are completely ruled by your subconscious mind. A large amount of you is controlled by your conscious mind, which is tainted throughout with sin.

Zackirus

At a conscious level, then yes, we have some bad in us. It is natural (like in everything that has the capacity to think).For Example: A Wolf might catch a nice deer and eat it all for himself or go back to the pack and give it to all of them.

Your sub-conscious does more for your body than you think. You can trick your body into doing stuff without realizing it. Just read the Book Blink, and you can find out how.

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

But what can perfect people say about their moral state?

They cannot deny perfection; this would be a lie. They cannot acknowledge perfection; this would be pride. If someone asks them the direct question, and they do not say, they have implied that they are perfect. More pride. To not lie, one would have to be unaware of one's perfection; this makes statements to the contrary untruths. If some people could be as such, then is it logical to assume that there are some people unaware of their own badness? Subconscious violations of an ethical code through lack of a moral code is not sin.

As far as I know, I have done nothing truly wrong. However, I cannot profess perfection.

One can reflect on one's own behavior early in life, when one had not developed a moral code yet, but when one recognizes their actions as what they would consider sin in the now, their past actions don't become sin, do they?

What of people that don't know that what they are doing is wrong, and just survival? A man steals a loaf of bread from a baker. The baker sees that the man has violated a part of the baker's moral code, but the man has a different moral compass. The baker sees comdemnation in store for the man, but the man sees only the bread. No sin, right?

bugfartboy

Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen ANYTHING no matter how small? To do any of this would be sin.