News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post your theological argument here.

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 18, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

You have no evidence for that.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

Then, how do you do know that your god "isn't false".
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Was any contact ever made by you with either God or Jesus Christ? Do you know for a fact that the statements made in the bible are completely, indubitably, true and up to date and taken straight from the source? Have your prayers ever been answered, and I don't mean, "May my family be healthy," or, "Thank you for this food?" If the answer is "No" to any of these questions, you have no real proof that God exists, and the fact that your prayers have been answered may also be a coincidence, so, while it has been proven that Jesus Christ did exist, it is no fact that he is a deity of any kind unless we have a direct source verify it, which we don't have, unless any of you are several thousand years old?

I say that this debate be moved here, because gay marriage is the primary topic here.

Also,
Quote from: Bugfartboy on February 20, 2011, 08:26:49 AM
And just because the Feds decided to steal marriage and make it a legal process, doesn't mean it's not still a religious custom.
How is marriage a religious process? If we had to believe in god to marry, one third of our race, if not more, would not exist. Marriage is about two people truly loving each other, not about them proving to God that they love each other.

Deagonx

How do I know he isn't false? It's simple reasoning to me.
And there have been many scientific things that have proven that the universe was not just there. The big bang theory is just that, a theory. Many take it as truth even though they don't have any 'real proof' yet you get mad at me for truly believing my God is real?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Zackirus

Quote from: Deagonx on February 28, 2011, 03:41:57 PM
And there have been many scientific things that have proven that the universe was not just there. The big bang theory is just that, a theory. Many take it as truth even though they don't have any 'real proof' yet you get mad at me for truly believing my God is real?

This isn't about science vs. religion. This is about why you choose to believe in this religion, with its own creation of the universe/world story, compared to all the other religions, with their own creation stories, proposed by humans over the centuries?

P.S: I'm not mad at you for believing in a God, as it it perfectly okay to have your own opinions on such matters. I simply wish to know why this God is realer than any other god proposed by humans.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

You avoided the question and did not give me a straight answer, I ask again,
Quote from: Duskling on February 27, 2011, 08:29:07 PM
Was any contact ever made by you with either God or Jesus Christ? Do you know for a fact that the statements made in the bible are completely, indubitably, true and up to date and taken straight from the source? Have your prayers ever been answered, and I don't mean, "May my family be healthy," or, "Thank you for this food?" If the answer is "No" to any of these questions, you have no real proof that God exists, and the fact that your prayers have been answered may also be a coincidence, so, while it has been proven that Jesus Christ did exist, it is no fact that he is a deity of any kind unless we have a direct source verify it, which we don't have, unless any of you are several thousand years old?
Also, while the Big Bang is "just a theory," what is God? Proven fact by many, intelligent minds that give concrete reasoning and have complete and indisputable evidence?

bugfartboy

I say that this debate be moved here, because gay marriage is the primary topic here.

Deagonx

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 18, 2010, 10:17:25 PM
Then stop and I might stop embarrassing you two about it.

I find it rather disturbing that you make it a point to make people feel bad for believing in a religion.

Duskling

Ahem,
Quote from: Duskling on February 28, 2011, 07:23:14 PM
You avoided the question and did not give me a straight answer, I ask again,
Also, while the Big Bang is "just a theory," what is God? Proven fact by many, intelligent minds that give concrete reasoning and have complete and indisputable evidence?

Quote from: Deagonx on February 28, 2011, 07:42:50 PM
Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 18, 2010, 10:17:25 PM
Then stop and I might stop embarrassing you two about it.

I find it rather disturbing that you make it a point to make people feel bad for believing in a religion.
What are you talking about? Namelesskitty was talking to Duckling and Buggy about how they keep posting theological arguments in other threads that have nothing to do with them. What does that have to do with making people feel bad about believing in a religion?

Deagonx

Eh, well I hadn't read the messages before it. My apologies.

Do I have full, inrefutable proof? No. But I believe it as if I did nonetheless.
Sorry you can't think outside the box.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on February 28, 2011, 08:03:19 PM
Do I have full, inrefutable proof? No. But I believe it as if I did nonetheless.
Well I believe the Big Bang, what with there only being a few holes here and there, as apposed to something that no living thing can prove.

Deagonx

No proof?
You speak of religion as if it is some mindless, imaginative thing.
I'm not particularly interested in explaining color to a blind person.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on February 28, 2011, 08:22:07 PM
No proof?
No proof, give me a piece of evidence that even halfway points to the existence of God and I might reconsider.

You speak of religion as if it is some mindless, imaginative thing.
Without proof, it might as well be.

I'm not particularly interested in explaining color to a blind person.
Blind am I? Does that mean you have no more even partially logical points to make? That you withdraw your argument? And since you can't give me anything else, you just want to throw an insult in my face and leave?

Deagonx

Proof? Through cosmology they have proven that the universe has been expanding since the beginning of time. And it does have a proven creation point, furthermore, they have found documents giving stories very similar to the stories in the bible. Proven to be much older than the bible itself.

Blind? I did not call you blind, it was an anology.
I was stating that explaining faith to the faithless, is like explaining color to the blind.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on February 28, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Proof? Through cosmology they have proven that the universe has been expanding since the beginning of time. And it does have a proven creation point, furthermore, they have found documents giving stories very similar to the stories in the bible. Proven to be much older than the bible itself.
For the first part, what is this "creation point" and how does it point to God? The second part, while interesting, only proves that Christianity was around longer than we thought, and so, offers no more proof than the bible itself.

Quote from: Deagonx on February 28, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Blind? I did not call you blind, it was an anology.
I was stating that explaining faith to the faithless, is like explaining color to the blind.
I got the analogy, it was offensive to me because it looked more personal than it should have.