News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post your theological argument here.

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 18, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on March 03, 2011, 05:15:42 PM
What happened to me?
You do participate here, but I remember you telling me something about excluding yourself from these debates, or did I misunderstand?

bugfartboy

Exclude to a degree is what I believe I said.

Duskling

Alright then, valid explanation, case closed.

Deagonx

Honestly, duskling. I'd prefer not to waste my time arguing something as real you or I.
Why would I want to do that? So you can submit to the said 'proof' but still not convert to christianity?

I am talking to a deaf crowd here. (This is not an insult.)
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 06:40:04 PM
Honestly, duskling. I'd prefer not to waste my time arguing something as real you or I.
Why would I want to do that? So you can submit to the said 'proof' but still not convert to christianity?

For one, you could prove that God is as real as you or I, because this is a topic for debate, I'm glad you're so devoted to your religion, but if you don't want to debate and prove to us atheists, heretics, and lost souls that your god is more real than any other, then please, leave this thread.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Duskling on March 03, 2011, 06:43:04 PM
Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 06:40:04 PM

For one, you could prove that God is as real as you or I, because this is a topic for debate, I'm glad you're so devoted to your religion, but if you don't want to debate and prove to us atheists, heretics, and lost souls that your god is more real than any other, than please, leave this thread.
DeagonX, he has a point. :/

Deagonx

Well, I don't think there really is a point to arguing something like this, but I feel the need to jump in when people post something completely ridiculous.

Deagonx

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 06:49:06 PM
Well, I don't think there really is a point to arguing something like this, but I feel the need to jump in when people post something completely ridiculous.
For one thing, both sides think the other is ridiculous, that's why it's a debate, and another thing, if you feel the need to jump in, please provide something to prove us wrong or make us rethink our opinion, otherwise, you are actually hurting your side (The people that are for Christianity).

bugfartboy

DeagonX, I must admit, you have been doing that a lot of that yourself.

-Edit
And please fix your double post. There is such a thing as the "Modify" button.

-Second Edit
And my device autocorrects it to capitalize the "X"

Deagonx

Duskling, one very annoying thing that I hear from many atheists, is that when I ask them where the universe came from if not God
They ask me what if there is no beginning or end? Yet scoff when used in the context of religion.

Are you one of those people?

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 06:52:31 PM
Duskling, one very annoying thing that I hear from many atheists, is that when I ask them where the universe came from if not God
They ask me what if there is no beginning or end? Yet scoff when used in the context of religion.

Are you one of those people?
I honestly don't understand the question.

Deagonx

It was more rhetorical than anything, but what I was asking is...

Do you believe there is no beginning or end in terms of existence?

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 06:57:59 PM
It was more rhetorical than anything, but what I was asking is...

Do you believe there is no beginning or end in terms of existence?
Well the universe is constantly expanding, so, not really. Unless you mean... us humans? Then yes, of course, we die.