News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post your theological argument here.

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 18, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deagonx

I meant like... Existence as a noun, the world's existence. No matter how vast it may be.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Duskling

No, I don't believe in the end of the universe's existence.

Deagonx

Do you believe in the big bang theory.

Duskling

Since I do not believe in God, I turn to science, so yes.

Zackirus

Well... looking from an Agonistical perspective, I have nothing against atheists or religious people as they are free to believe in whatever they wish to believe in. I only have problems when the atheists are negative towards religion and say stuff like "christians are sooo stupid". I have nothing wrong with ether side and what I am saying is that maybe we can stop arguing about this and focus on stuff that matters in the world, in a global perspective, like the rising of the Chinese power, or about the censoring of Huckleberry Fin. I know this matters to some people but can we put this behind us and stop posting, this topic has made a a lot people angry/frustrated and I think it is in our best interest to let this go.           
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: Zackirus on March 03, 2011, 11:08:27 PM
I only have problems when the atheists are negative towards religion and say stuff like "christians are sooo stupid".           
Oh my, I hope I don't sound like that, or imply that. It's just that, Deagonx basically says, or makes it sound like he says, "God is real because He is real," and that really frustrates me, especially if I'm hoping to be in a debate, you don't say things like that in a debate.

Chrono

It's not really your fault, although seeing an entire page or two filled with heated arguments and insults really deters us from moving on in this thread or even coming here. Restrain yourself next time I guess.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

Duskling

Quote from: Chrono on March 03, 2011, 11:50:29 PM
It's not really your fault, although seeing an entire page or two filled with heated arguments and insults really deters us from moving on in this thread or even coming here. Restrain yourself next time I guess.
Who is this referring to, exactly?

Chrono

Quote from: Duskling on March 04, 2011, 12:59:37 AM
It's not really your fault
You. Then again, insulting him doesn't help you get your point across well without offending him and inviting more bitterness. We're not here to make more enemies now, are we?

[/spoiler]

Zackirus

I vote that we stop using this thread for a while.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: Chrono on March 04, 2011, 01:40:59 AM
Quote from: Duskling on March 04, 2011, 12:59:37 AM
It's not really your fault
You. Then again, insulting him doesn't help you get your point across well without offending him and inviting more bitterness. We're not here to make more enemies now, are we?
I don't see how I've been insulting him.

Chrono

Oh whoops, I was looking at the right post but accusing the wrong person. Very sorry!

[/spoiler]

Deagonx

Anyone else notice the irony in the latest TRPG game title?

MikeW781

Quote from: Zackirus on March 04, 2011, 06:49:35 AM
I vote that we stop using this thread for a while.
I second that... we need to take a break from this debate.

I've already dropped out, as I finally realized that both sides are completely convinced they are right, and the basis of this conviction stems from evidence the other side refuses to acknowledge. This makes the debate kinda pointless, and its not going to go anywhere except causing more negative feelings.

I've always stood by the philosophy that it is wrong to debate religion with other people, but up until recently I thought it was different when done through faceless communication with strangers. It isn't. It still leads to bad feelings and never-ending arguments.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

And just so you know, Deagonx:

Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable.

It's not undecided theism.