News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post your theological argument here.

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 18, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deagonx

Well, according to many claimed agnostics, I was spot on.

If there is a different textbook definition so be it. Neologists put gay as meaning homosexual in the dictionary. IMO they lost their credibility.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Deagonx

There are very few religions in the world supporting Polygamy.

Only one promoting sex and beer. Guess which one.

ArtDrake

Dunno. Is it a decadent branch of Christianity?

And the argument for polygamy is actually more like:

"If three or more people love each other, why can't they be married?"

ArtDrake

At the expense of "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy"?

Deagonx

Islam.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. Not a man, a woman, another woman, and a third.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Deagonx on March 05, 2011, 09:10:32 PMOnly one promoting sex and beer. Guess which one.
Quote from: Deagonx on March 05, 2011, 11:08:53 PMIslam.
I am pretty sure that is wrong.  Islam is against premarital sex.  Also, muslims believe that anything that poisons the creation of god (drugs and alcohol) are a sin.  That is the reason that the entire middle east is dry.

Deagonx

Citations would be appreciated.

If it DOESNT promote sex, why would it offer virgins in heaven?

Deagonx

What I am saying is that it annoys me that they would add something so dumb to the definition list.

For example, homophobia is actually listed as an anger or hatred for homosexuals.
That makes no sense, if I am called a homophobe they are saying I am afraid of homosexuals. I'm not.

And no, hate does not come from fear.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 06, 2011, 01:10:32 AM
If it DOESNT promote sex, why would it offer virgins in heaven?
From what I've heard, that's what the crazy terrorist factions say to their recruits to make them more willings to kill themselves in large explosions. I'm pretty sure this should be moved to "What's your religion?"

ArtDrake

Yes, but you insist on spreading the stereotypical lies about Islam that give the quite-peaceful, nonviolent, sober, no-less-rational-than-believing-in-your-God religion a bad rap. That doesn't belong here.

ArtDrake

An anger or hatred. If one despises them, fears them, feels queasy in one's stomach around them, one is a homophobe. If someone calls another that, and that someone do not have anger towards them, or fear towards them, but he or she is just ranting about how they're an abomination, one isn't a homophobe, one's just a hateful person.

And may I enquire as to how this quite correct definition of homophobia or that of "gay" is nonsensical, senseless, incomprehensible, untrue, or increadible to you?

Ertxiem

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

Quote from: MikeW781 on March 05, 2011, 12:51:36 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on March 04, 2011, 06:49:35 AM
I vote that we stop using this thread for a while.
I second that... we need to take a break from this debate.

I've already dropped out, as I finally realized that both sides are completely convinced they are right, and the basis of this conviction stems from evidence the other side refuses to acknowledge. This makes the debate kinda pointless, and its not going to go anywhere except causing more negative feelings.

I've always stood by the philosophy that it is wrong to debate religion with other people, but up until recently I thought it was different when done through faceless communication with strangers. It isn't. It still leads to bad feelings and never-ending arguments.
Just gonna re-post this because it got buried with the moved messages. We should just try to live and let live for a bit.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Quote from: MikeW781 on March 06, 2011, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: MikeW781 on March 05, 2011, 12:51:36 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on March 04, 2011, 06:49:35 AM
I vote that we stop using this thread for a while.
I second that... we need to take a break from this debate.

I've already dropped out, as I finally realized that both sides are completely convinced they are right, and the basis of this conviction stems from evidence the other side refuses to acknowledge. This makes the debate kinda pointless, and its not going to go anywhere except causing more negative feelings.

I've always stood by the philosophy that it is wrong to debate religion with other people, but up until recently I thought it was different when done through faceless communication with strangers. It isn't. It still leads to bad feelings and never-ending arguments.
Just gonna re-post this because it got buried with the moved messages. We should just try to live and let live for a bit.
At this point, I agree, we should let this cool off a bit, so that there's no hatred around here.

bugfartboy