News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by SmartyPants, November 24, 2010, 02:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

It almost Thanksgiving, so I returned briefly to wish a happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans.

Duskling

A happy Thanksgiving to you too, im2smart4u.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 24, 2010, 02:02:32 PM
It almost Thanksgiving, so I returned briefly to wish a happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans.
(*Feels Shunned*)

Happy thanksgiving to all, even though Thanksgiving is in October in Canada.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Happy Thanksgiving! Nice to see you again im2smarg4u, even if it is only as brief visit.

The Holy namelesskitty

Happy thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for being able to be with both my real family and the big family of forumgoers who have for the most part never seen each other. The turkey was good too. Happy thanksgiving to everybody! :) ;D
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

I, for my part, enjoyed garlic-gruyere-onion-mushroom gratin on the day of giving thanks. No turkey...

bugfartboy

Though I must ask you all: to whom are you giving thanks? If you are bot giving thanks to God, you are not properly celebrating the holiday. For the ones who set up the holiday, believe it or not, in a God that provided for them. Huh. How did that happen?

ArtDrake

You are not one that may dictate whether how I celebrate a holiday is the correct way. And I cannot understand your last sentence.

I give thanks the the simple fact of my existence within the body I in which I now reside, for it was born into a life of comfort and privelege,

and to the fact that no (human) family members have suffered horrific fates since last Thanksgiving,

and that I had the insight to become a veggamatarian. No "God" required.

bugfartboy

But to whom or what are you giving thanks to? It is near impossible to be thankful without being thankful to someone or something.

ArtDrake

In order, my parents, random chance, and myself. Why do you ask?

The Holy namelesskitty

Who says you need to thank anyone in particular, is it too much just to be generically grateful?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Agreed. In some cases, it is more a feeling of relief expressed as thankfulness.

SmartyPants

Thanksgiving break is over, so I am saying goodbye again.  I hoped you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

bugfartboy

Oh. You're leaving again? We can change!

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on November 24, 2010, 02:57:50 PMHappy thanksgiving to all, even though Thanksgiving is in October in Canada.

Interesting--I didn't know that Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving.