News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Why cheat?

Started by Frosty, February 18, 2010, 08:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torugo

cheating does make it easier but its just  for people who cant just enjoy the fun of the game and i dont approve of it
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zackirus

Quote from: Presentiment on March 25, 2010, 01:12:11 AM
Because then it ain't fun mah freand.

I never knew you were Frosty or my friends for that matter, Presentiment  :P
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

torugo

are you saying that frosty is presentiment
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zackirus

Quote from: torugo on March 25, 2010, 06:14:20 PM
are you saying that frosty is presentiment

Yes because I asked him a Frosty a question and Presentiment Ansewred so Presentiment is frosty!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Tastidian

You know the only exemplary post here was KZ because he is neither with or against the concept of cheating. It seems to me their are very few who are neutral to any kind of argument.

Presentiment

^wuta suckup

It is clear there isn't any reason not to include cheats.

If you don't want to cheat nobody is making you.

And if you do that's a plus.

It isn't a MP game.

Tastidian

Not sucking up. What could I possibly gain from sucking up to him?

Presentiment

I'm Atticus, you're Jem, and we're talking about your playacting Boo Radley

Nevermind, let's not get off topic here.

Frosty

Quote from: Zackirus on March 24, 2010, 11:41:35 AM
The Question for you Frosty is Why Not Cheat?
To keep the fun in the game, to not make the game accidentaly glitch at random times, to fell accomplished at the fact that I won the game, and to not get overconfident with myself. You want me to keep going?

And this thread can prove that I'm not Presintiment.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zackirus

I only cheat, after I beat the game. It gives me some fun to do while I wait for new games to come out! But ya, I don't think cheating and beating the game is good, because you didn't beat the game!

- Lord Canada

Tastidian

I agree with Zackirus, I do the same.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: KZ on February 22, 2010, 06:02:07 AM
Well, some people still would like to see the entire story with the challenge level simply being too high, so one way around it is resorting to cheating. Don't forget, also, that there are very many different cheats, not all of them giving the player a lot of advantage. For instance, there is one that gives you 6000 gold. Imagine you've played through the game once and don't have a single save file from before you have to choose your elemental preference in attacks, and you want to play the game with a different set of elemental attacks. So, by using this cheat, you quickly level up your team, go through the first missions very quickly up to the point where you choose the element you want to play in, and voila- the cheat simply saves you time by allowing you not to farm gold.
Then again, if you played the game 10 times, you really can't be asked to play through certain aspects of it yet again, but you want to try out a few nifty tactics- so you go and use an appropriate cheat that allows you to try them out without the need to take the time through grinding out the rest of the game. Or, you do this for entertainment- see if you can beat an entire battlefield with just the Hero, after spending 10000 gold on him. And how about 5000 gold, or 50000?
Then there are, as mentioned earlier, bug testing purposes, which save the beta testers a lot of time and see if the game functions properly: not only can we save time by not farming gold, we can also quickly verify if things like elemental resistances, extra dialogue options for high aptitude or high personality work.
Again, there is that point mentioned above, where for universal appeal everyone has to be able, in some form or other, to finish the game, and it's pretty difficult to cater to both the causal gamers and the hardcore games, as the difficulty slopes will be completely different in the two extreme cases. Inclusion of cheats allows the developer to greatly reduce the degree to which the difficulty curve has to be spread out across available difficulties towards the lower end, thus saving a lot of time and still allowing for customer satisfaction.
Agree! I usually cheat just to know the story.
I doesn't care, do I?