News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Name changes

Started by cyso, September 26, 2010, 07:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

I change my name on the forum from yogc to yogc elf, but the forum still allows me to log in as yogc. Why is that?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Because with your name changing, its so that you don't forget your user name to log in.

ArtDrake

Duskling

I think he meant because if you are more comfortable typing your old username, you can, and you still log in.

bugfartboy

Thanks Duskie-Poo. He got the essence of what I said and dumbed it down enough. Explinations have never been my strong point.

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on September 30, 2010, 09:32:21 PM
Thanks Duskie-Poo. He got the essence of what I said and dumbed it down enough. Explinations have never been my strong point.
I have a knack for doing that, now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go, and please get back on topic afterwards.

Idozen Cair

Hey isn't it that you can only change your display name, but not username? My username (the one you use to log in) is still telepathfan2.
I doesn't care, do I?

Cypher

ArtDrake

WAIT A SECOND. WAIT A SECOND.

I caught that, "dumbing it down".

Quote from: Bugfartboy on September 26, 2010, 07:10:11 PM
Because with your name changing, its so that you don't forget your user name to log in.

"Because with your name changing, its"

What's? To what does the following belong?

"so that you don't forget your user name to log in." heavily implies that the action of forgetting your user name is "to log in".

Forgive me if your sentence construction was unconventional, and thence I found the statement difficult to follow, in that the implications of the sentence were nonsensical, and altogether differing from your true intentions.

But I by no means need anything dumbed down.

Duskling

Quote from: Duckling on December 14, 2010, 06:51:11 PM
WAIT A SECOND. WAIT A SECOND.

I caught that, "dumbing it down".

Quote from: Bugfartboy on September 26, 2010, 07:10:11 PM

"Because with your name changing, its"

What's? To what does the following belong?

"so that you don't forget your user name to log in." heavily implies that the action of forgetting your user name is "to log in".

Forgive me if your sentence construction was unconventional, and thence I found the statement difficult to follow, in that the implications of the sentence were nonsensical, and altogether differing from your true intentions.

But I by no means need anything dumbed down.
No need to make such a big deal of it, besides, that would have been appropriate maybe three posts back, but now it seems a bit ridiculous, don't you think, just correct him and that's it, also, it's understandable, isn't it? Plus... this is off topic. >:(

ArtDrake

Oh, I know. I just don't want it said that I let someone say of me I needed anything dumbed down.

Sorry.