News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Character Themed Side-Quests

Started by Zackirus, October 02, 2010, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I don't know whether or not Craig planned this, but it seems that each character has their own problems. By problems, I mean that they have things outside the Resistance and Cult that is still bothering them. For example: Griffin still has problems with his parents. This idea is that over the course of the game, each character will their own problems solved by the Hero. Perhaps, he will get a special bonus afterwards. Some examples of these missions would be:

Griffin: Griffin and his parents aren't really talking to each other, The Hero and Griffin will have to go save Griffin's parents because the Cult abducts them. Once you save them, Griffin will make up with his parents and he will be only focused on the mission.

Rahel: Rahel had some trouble back in Rubat, so when Rahel and The Hero go to Rubat she will confront the guy she was supposed to marry. However, the clan could be mad at Rahel and want to apprehend her. This would not only be a cool mission but you could get closer to Rahel...

Arman: Arman just ran away from the order of the black rose, and we have already dealt with Al'al. It is possible that, Arman first side quest was his Character Themed Side-Quest but anything is possible. 

Set: Set doesn't have a Backbone, so there could be a mission where sets learns to stand up for himself and take a leadership role. This could involve a lot of things as devolping a backbone might aquire a lot of thing. 

Luca: Luca doesn't know much about her past, in one of the later missions Luca could remember what happened (or a fragment of it) and want to go search for it. This mission would probably involve a lot of sprits.

Malis: Malis might need help with her shipments of spices into Rainville until they are attacked by looters and maybe even shadowlings. Her shipments would arrive by boat so it could bring back everyone favourite boat battles? 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

cyso

I like your ideas. I really hope Craig takes the time to put some of them in the game (if they aren't in there already).
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

How about a thumbs up as your post icon if you like it, thumbs down if you don't.

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Steel Ersatz Man

We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

SmartyPants

As the story goes on, I am sure that more of each character's stories will be told in more details.  This will give the Hero a chance to help his teammates bit by bit.  I don't think a major personal problem should be resolved in one side quest, because it seems too impersonal.  I would perfer that Giffin's and Rahel's issues be solved in the main plot to make a better story.  Protecting Malis's shipments would make a good side quest, but she ask for the Resistance to protect her caravan.  That means that she trades my land.

Zackirus

Malis could easily hire a boat with the amount of money she makes with her spices. With Griffin and Rahel, my one concern is that: how is Craig going to incorporate Griffin's Parents and Rahel's To be Husband in the main story. They have nothing to do with the Main Story and I don't see how they could be incorporated.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

A)It has already been established that Malis uses caravans (not boats).  If you don't like it, then ask Craig to change caravans to boats.
B)Since Griffin's parents are anti-psy Senators, I am sure they some place in the story.
C)I thank Rahel's Rubat past will come up when the Hero asks help from the clan's chief.

bugfartboy

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 04, 2010, 07:41:29 PM
Then why vote no?
I just rather character develop not be secondary in side quests, but instead it should be a major focus in the main story line.

bugfartboy

It could still be a yes seeing as some may be main and others side. I think Malis and her shipments wouldn't need to be main would they?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 04, 2010, 08:36:12 PM
It could still be a yes seeing as some may be main and others side. I think Malis and her shipments wouldn't need to be main would they?
I was okay with the Malis side quest as long as it doesn't conflict with what she says.

I find it funny that the people who the push for the creation of more side quests won't play any of them, because they won't pay when the time comes.

bugfartboy

I would pay if I could but I can't so I shan't. But I do like the idea of a couple character enriching sidequests.