News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Character Themed Side-Quests

Started by Zackirus, October 02, 2010, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

And (hopefully) we represent the majority of users, of whom a certain percentage will buy the full game.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on October 04, 2010, 09:10:04 PM
And (hopefully) we represent the majority of users, of whom a certain percentage will buy the full game.
Based on the discussions about TPA2, I doubt it.

I didn't want to buy TPA2 because there wasn't enough story in it to keep my interests.  TSoG doesn't seem to have that issue.

cyso

QuoteAs the story goes on, I am sure that more of each character's stories will be told in more details.  This will give the Hero a chance to help his teammates bit by bit.  I don't think a major personal problem should be resolved in one side quest, because it seems too impersonal.  I would perfer that Giffin's and Rahel's issues be solved in the main plot to make a better story.
I think that while character development will be part of the main story, some character development should occur only if the player investigates more into characters, does them favors, etc. For example, there is plenty of character development of Arman through the main story as you play, but you learn more about him if you play his side quest.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Arman has his story told through side quests because he is outsider to Ravinale's political system.  Unlike Arman, Griffin and Rahel's history is very linked to the Cult's actions.  Griffin is the son of anti-psy senators and a former member of the guards.  Rahel is learned to be a tactician in a Ravinale academy and her love was killed by the enemy's general.  Griffin and Rahel much more involved in the main story then the rest of the teammates.

I done arguing with you people.  Just continue to suggest bad ideas, so Craig and ignore them.

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 06, 2010, 11:51:36 PM
Arman has his story told through side quests because he is outsider to Ravinale's political system.  Unlike Arman, Griffin and Rahel's history is very linked to the Cult's actions.  Griffin is the son of anti-psy senators and a former member of the guards.  Rahel is learned to be a tactician in a Ravinale academy and her love was killed by the enemy's general.  Griffin and Rahel much more involved in the main story then the rest of the teammates.

I done arguing with you people.  Just continue to suggest bad ideas, so Craig and ignore them.
Wow. That is just cold. But, I do agree with you to a certain degree, if what you're saying is we can't make side-quests out of those stories, then I only say that you are right up to the point that we can get creative. But overall, you're right... once again, we can't make a side-quest out of Griffin's family troubles without making it cliche, and we can't bring back the dead insofar... but for some reason, we can't ask Luca to do it.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 06, 2010, 11:51:36 PM

What makes you so smart that all your ideas and opinions are always the correct ones. How do you know this is a bad idea? (from your perspective it is) Has Craig commented on it and said it was a bad idea? No! Besides, how do you know what Craig thinks is a good or is not a good idea? Are you Craig! No, your not. Stop acting like you are. Also, if we are suggesting bad ideas when why don't you suggest some good ideas (if your so smart!)

On Topic: (My Idea for) Rahel's Side-Quest is not about what happened to Darime, but it is about her relations with the Rubat clan. I don't see how it affects the main story because how is the chief gong to know if Rahel is in your party if they aren't following you around? Besides, she changed her named and she is older, I don't think they will be able to recognize her right of the bat.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Nope. But maybe Rahel could learn through the grapevine that a very close family member is deathly sick and delusional wanting to see her. Then, filled with sadness and guilt, she could go see that person with the rest of the team and the team could get captured. Or attacked by a few vengeful Rubat clansmen. What think you?