News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Loading Advice

Started by SmartyPants, October 04, 2010, 01:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

During loading in TRPG2, there were hints and advise at the top.  I would like for that to return in TSoG.  Does anyone share that opinion?

bugfartboy

Steelfist

Actually, I'd prefer a game of Psy Wars that you can play while you wait.

ArtDrake

Steelfist

Many games have a mini-game to play while the game is loading. It simply occured to me that it might be fun to put psy wars on the loading screen. And I doubt psy wars would take all that long to load, if that's what you are getting at. Still, tips might be a good idea.

Duskling

Quote from: Steelfist on December 27, 2010, 03:16:06 PM
Many games have a mini-game to play while the game is loading. It simply occured to me that it might be fun to put psy wars on the loading screen. And I doubt psy wars would take all that long to load, if that's what you are getting at. Still, tips might be a good idea.
That's not it, im2smart4u meant that Psy Wars is a pretty long game, even for one session, and thus was asking if TSoG really took that long to load for anyone.

Steelfist

I see. Well, the ability to play psy wars can only be a perk, really; even if loading finishes before psy wars you might well choose to finish your game, and it would provide a useful alternative to total boredom for people with slow internet.

HeadShot

Quote from: Steelfist on December 27, 2010, 03:16:06 PM

I agree
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

bugfartboy

Steelfist

So you like the idea? Thanks.