News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Two Academies

Started by Zackirus, October 15, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Zack looked at Frex and laughed, "do you think I have any idea? I've been here, what, 3 days? Its a school, I dunno, behave maybe?"

Zack face suddenly turned serious, "a better question is what the hell is going on in Cera Bella? What happened here? Who is the Queen and the Loyal One? Can you explain?"
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Frex processed the question.

"Hell if I know," he replied, "But, from what I can gather, the only 'Queen' I know about is the Shadowling Queen, who knows, maybe I'm right."

Xemadus Echina

Rainen slid the scrap of wood back in to place, covering his hole up. So they don't spread around his true name... How typical of the queen to hide her most precious minions...

Jace woke up and stared at the ceiling well looks like my special sessions start today... I can't believe I can use two elements...  Even the dean said it's unheard of... He stood up, threw up a mental shield and locked his door.  He walked down the hallway and outside of his dorm, and went straight to the admin building.  He walked down a couple halls, looked up at a door number, and walked right in.  Standing in front of him was a man and a woman, the first dressed in red with a white cape, and the second dressed in white with a white cape.  Hello Jace, We are your teachers. The one in red spoke "My name is Fizooz(spelling?) I am a pyrokinetics master." The one in white spoke immediately after "My name is Luna, I am a master of Light based abilities."

OOC: hope you all don't mind me throwing some TSOG characters in here.  I thought It would be amusing to do so.  On account of the need of dual trainers and such.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zackirus

OOC: Just remain Historically True, since they are ghosts in TSoG, they might have to die. However, in the HL dimension do with them as you please.

Zack signed, "I'll guess I research the more when I have the chance. However about your arrangements, I think you should just stay in my room until something works out, if any teachers come by..." Zack paused thinking of what to do. "I know!" Zack handed the book to Frex, "Just pretend like your studying or something." Zack walked over to his bed and sat down. "What were you doing outside the library at this un-Sorther like hour though?"

Zack took one more look at the boy's waiting to go on the trip and quickly hurried down the hall. Surely they weren't going to leave right now, he hurried down the hallway. He had forgot to hand in a paper to one of his teacher's. He quickly turned down the hall referring to his memory of the past few days, and stopped in front of a door. Surprisingly, it was opened. We walked inside the classroom and noticed that their were two teachers and a student conversing in the classroom. "Sorry to interrept," Zack said trying to sound like he had breath, "I just wanted to give my paper to you miss." He walked over and took the paper out of his bag and handed it to her. "Sorry, about that" Zack laughed as he turned to the other student, "My name is Zack, the transfer student from Traten, and you are?".

OOC: Its you Rainen.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

"I thought I explained already?" Frex said, "Eh, but I guess it wouldn't really hurt to retell the story anyhow."

And so, Frex had retold his story of how he was on the run from Shadowlings, how he hardly had any breath left and kept running, how he had to blindly toss Cryo Blasts behind him and how he got a one-in-a-million hit on the leader during a risky move he pulled, how he had to hid in a tree for almost an hour before he saw someone, a student from the Academy, that looked to be heading to a shelter or just a place to sleep. He then told Zack about how he thought that the most convenient and safe location into the Academy was the library, common sense telling him that the students there either had their noses in their books, were reading at their dormitories, or were just asleep in the library.

"And here we are now," Frex concluded.

Shadoroq

Well, if it's quite alright, I think I'll make my first actual story related post!  By the way, Zack, please get my character posted. In any case:
Noxus had been on the road now for quite a while. The route from Somnus to the Psy Academy was a long one. Safe, though, and flat. Long in the horizon it lay, whitish walls gleaming in the mid-day sun. Speaking of the sun, it was hurting Noxus' eyes. He was finding it hard to adjust from the dank depths of the City Beneath the Earth. "If I hurry it'll be a less time consuming trip, and maybe I'll get out of this blasted light," he thought to himself. He made his way to the gate posthaste.

Noxus looked through the stack of papers on his desk. "Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, letter- save that- more paperwork," he thought, sorting it all. New territory meant paperwork, and lots of it. "Orders? 'needed at the academy...safety measure...dean's protection...' Hmph. Alright, then." He would make no complaint about re-stationing. It wasn't nearly the worst thing that could happen.

By the way, what does "OOC" stand for?
You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

Duskling

Quote from: Shadoroq on April 26, 2011, 09:53:55 PM
By the way, what does "OOC" stand for?
"Out Of Character."

bugfartboy

"It was a couple years ago..." And so, Zaron began to show his guest the story of his current state...

I was being punished by one of my teachers. In a class I really loved, believe it or not. Entomology 101. Well, except for the teacher. Living humans have very little respect for the value of life. Anyway, I had spoken out against my teacher's methods... He and I never saw eye-to-eye. And not just because he used to be a foot shorter than me. It had been over whether bugs had any good impact on the environment. And how much they hurt it. He was narrow minded; convinced that he was absolutely and utterly right. He believed that bugs were simply pests to be destroyed on sight. I thought differently. I saw bugs as examples as to how humans could better society. Each unit doing it's job, and doing it efficiently. How each bug, while not intelligent by itself, was smarter than most people combined when it was in tune with it's queen. For this, I was sent to the Deeper Downs. He thought that since I cared about the environment so much, I should be more than happy to clean up the mess those Mechanics had made. It was then that I discovered that another bug colony had moved in. So, time went by and I managed to make up excuses to leave so I could go there to learn more about them. And when I couldn't leave with permission, I began sneaking out. I actually found out that  from here, one cam get almost anywhere in the building. Or leave it when wanted. And no one would be any wiser.

But, alas, my peaceful so far relationship with the bugs was not to last. I had earned enough of their respect that their queen wished to meet me in person. Unsure of what to do, I reached out and contacted the queen. Now, this might confuse you, but every living being is Gifted to some degree. Humans, Shadowlings, and Spriggats are the more prominent races. But bugs are strongly Gifted too. But rather than learning to hurt others with their Gift, they learn to keep in almost constant Contact with their queen over very large distances.

The queen had grown jealous. Seen me as an imperfection in her system. So she attacked me. But not physically. Mentally. She had the mental support from thousands of lower bugs to aid her. She began feeding on my mind in a way not much different from the Shadowlings. It was death. A seemingly never ending period of death. I panicked.

I began to try supporting myself, and started using what shadow I'd learned to mimic her. I fed off of her as well. But things never work out right. With a two way bond between us, something had to give. We were balanced in mental strength for the most part. But then a bug hatched. It's support upset the equilibrium and I found myself being spiritually sucked into the queen. But rather than be consumed, we merged. I became the mind, and took her body. Scared senseless, I dashed away back to the Academy and snuck back into the cellar, unaware of what had happened to me. 

I had passed out. When I woke up, I was surrounded by bugs. So many that the dirt floor was gleaming black with the shells. I felt each individual bug expressing primitive concern for their queen. But it was directed at me. It was only then when I realized it. 

To the school above, I had simply vanished. I was nonexistent. I learned how to interact with the bugs and summon them to my side at will, and I've been here ever since.

Zackirus

"And you were on the run from the shadowlings because?" Zack asked, sounding a bit concerned for his new friend.

- Lord Canada

Duskling

"Hmm," Frex began, "How should I say this... I'm a mercenary, and my last mission was to burn a Shadowling bunker, but there were too many, and they chased me here."

Shadoroq

OOC: I really need to get to the academy to interact with you guys. It's dull out here!

It didn't take long for Noxus to reach the gate. After sorting out the initial formalities at the entrance, he was directed by a guard to a building in the southeast of the campus. There were several students out giving him strange looks. Most of them had probably had never seen a Shadowling in person before. Likewise, Noxus had never seen such a number of humans in one place.
At the southeast building he was greeted by a dark skinned man in a white cape. "Welcome. You must be the new student. We don't get many Shadowlings around here. Oh, by the way, my name's Aram," he said extending his hand. Noxus believed he was offering a "handshake," customary of many human cultures. Accepting it, he replied, "nice to meet you. I'm Noxus."
"Well then, Noxus, glad to have at the academy. Follow me, I'll show you around." Aram led Noxus about the buildings and described each one's purpose. "The building we're in now is the southeast. This is where the administrative offices and several classes are located." They went on to another building, congruent to the previous. Aram explained, "this is the southwest building. All of the stores are here, should you like to purchase things such as medicine or books. Also the location of the library, which I strongly recommend visiting." The next place visited was the northwest building. "This is where Ms. Cleo's is. Needless to say, the primary purpose of the northwest building is leisure." From inside came a growl followed by a low thud. "It gets a little rowdy sometimes," said Aram with an awkward smile. The two then entered the northeast building. "And finally," Aram said, "this is the northeast building with all the dormitories. Speaking of which, here's yours," he finished, gesturing toward a door in a row of six in the hall. Go ahead and get accommodated. I'll leave you to it. You'll get your cape and class syllabus tomorrow. See you in the morning. Oh, and good luck on your first day!"
"Thanks," Noxus replied as Aram took his leave. Whew. This was a lot to take in at once.

You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

Duskling

Quote from: Shadoroq on April 27, 2011, 09:13:55 PM
OOC: I really need to get to the academy to interact with you guys. It's dull out here!

It didn't take long for Noxus to reach the gate. After sorting out the initial formalities at the entrance, he was directed by a guard to a building in the southeast of the campus. There were several students out giving him strange looks. Most of them had probably had never seen a Shadowling in person before. Likewise, Noxus had never seen such a number of humans in one place.
At the southeast building he was greeted by a dark skinned man in a white cape. "Welcome. You must be the new student. We don't get many Shadowlings around here. Oh, by the way, my name's Aram," he said extending his hand. Noxus believed he was offering a "handshake," customary of many human cultures. Accepting it, he replied, "nice to meet you. I'm Noxus."
"Well then, Noxus, glad to have at the academy. Follow me, I'll show you around."

I'll edit this soon to continue.

Just saying, and I'm sure you know this because of the way the humans treat the Shadowling, you'll probably have to "Go Blue" to interact with us (Zack and me). Or, just Zack, who is most likely there in his SL dimension as well.

bugfartboy

Go blue? Lost...

And feel free to join me in the cellar, Shadoroq! Zaron might like some more company. Though his new ghost friend...

Zackirus

Zack yawned, not at the story, but because it was getting late. "There is a sleeping bag under my bed. You can use it if you wish." as he slowly climbed into his bed. He turned over and fell asleep...

His dreams were clouded in mystery. He began to view a ship, somewhat similar to a Traten Design. It was a merchant ship. Oddly, it was sailing through rough waters. Zack tried to make the storm stop but it only got worse. Due to his efforts, a huge wave crashed into the ship and the ship started to tip. The dream started to get a little hazy as Zack saw many sailors on the ship plunge into the dark sea. However, a younger one, held onto the mast. Zack began to shift his thoughts on helping this sailor. Suddenly, The mast broke off, but Zack, was able to keep the sailor from failing off. The dream was starting to get hazier and hazier as he saw the solitary sailor, knocked out while lying face up, still clutching a piece of driftwood...

Zack woke up in a shock and realized it was a dream. But it felt so real, Zack thought to himself. He looked over at his window and noticed the sun was just rising. He got out of his bed, and carefully avoided Frex who was still sleeping on the floor. He walked over to the closet, put some his robes, and felt his room. He walked down the hallways, and into the library where he jumped out of the window Frex jumped in. He stopped and smelt the fresh air and he looked down the courtyard and saw a well beaten road. In the distance, he should see a solitary shadowling floating towards Psy Academy... 

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Frex saw Zack yawn, but in a way that looked like he was trying to stop, so as to not be impolite, it looked like.

"There is a sleeping bag under my bed," Zack said, "You can use it if you wish."

Zack then climbed into his bed. Frex had experience with sleeping bags, and found the bag quite comforting, as he was used to sleeping in them on his missions that required time, sometimes up to weeks at a time, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Frex's dreams were not very peaceful, but not unusual. It started out as a regular mission, the same one as a dozen times before, crossbow in hand, target in sight, and the trigger is pulled. The Shadowling falls, and Frex runs as a psychic alarm is sounded, and Shadowlings are closing in behind him. One had a Bone Mask, a Guardian, that couldn't be good. He fired Cryo Blasts and his crossbow simultaneously, but the Shadowling just kept coming, shrugging off or not noticing at all some of the wounds that were inflicted, if any at all. The Guardian made a gesture dreaded by all who apposed them, the hand gestures combined with their psychic powers to open a Dark Vortex, and then everything went black.

Frex woke up abruptly, panting, and covered in cold sweat. He was not dead, but very much alive, but perhaps a little dead inside. He could not comprehend what this recurring dream was about, or if it meant anything. Maybe a long-dormant memory, but, still, Frex would have some recollection of an incident like that... Regardless, it was still early, and Frex went back to sleep, hoping for that dream to come back for closer observation, but, at the same time, hoping for it to stay away...