News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Two Academies

Started by Zackirus, October 15, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

cassiopia awoke in a cold sweat, her scream had penetrated through the dormitory walls and even as she calmed herself and suppressed her weak stomach her friend Talen bolted into her dorm as she collapsed in releif of the waking world. Immediately Talen, ever concerned expressed his fear for Cassiopia, but the shadowling's fear was quickly put to rest. Cassiopia was afraid of her dreams now, for each time she slept she seemed to put more blood on her hands.

This night had been the worst, she had been in a forest, both shadowlings and humans rushing at her, she did not hide but smiled. Cassiopia cackles at the thought of murder of others, normally even the mention of blood set her stomach on edge but in dreams she viciously slayed millions. How, Cass wondered, how physically and mentally could she hsve preformed such a terrible deed, not only would the forces have quickly overwhelmed her but she could not bear the sight of blood much past a few seconds.

With relief Cass collapsed in Talen's hands grateful for another tortured in the same way, ghoulish, she thought that she would be comforted by another's pain, but his hands comforted her. Two orphans of war in a forbidding and dangerous world.

Cassiopia awoke in a cold sweat her teeth grit suppressing terror and anguish and more than anything outrage. Cassiopia had seen her parents, and their faces as they burned, "humans," she thought "are the lowest scum on the planet." Every day she wished for their pain, for only every human body set alight could begin to atone for her greatest loss. She grabbed a doll off of a nearby shelf and it caught alight in her hand, then Cassiopia proceeded to have the doll flail and shreik in the play death of burning agony. Satisfied she lay back down but sleep would not come the burning faces of her parents who gave their lives to the fire so that she might be spared, they were heroes and the humans were monsters, she saw their tortured faces clearly, shut eyes only focused her vision.

She remained silent she would do anything but attract the attention of Ram, his parents died in the same way but he was soft, and never would she give up.

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Shadoroq

Noxus had an uneventful trip to the Psy Academy. The number of humans here was frightful. Though he did not hold the hate of them inherent to most Shadowlings, the sheer number of them was discomforting to him. One or two wouldn't have mattered, but this place seemed to be swarming with the creatures. In reality there were only seven or eight out at the moment, but his mind always seemed to exaggerate such things. He noticed then that he had unintentionally and prior unknowingly attracted the attention of one of them, pale, likely a Tratenite. He impulsively quivered out of xenophobia and made his way on.
A quick look at the Shadowling soldiers around him provided enough for him to tell  that he was senior in rank to all of the them. Why would one such as he be needed here? Perhaps a visit to the administration would be enlightening.
"Major Noxus, sir. You're early. How may I be of assistance?" the receptionist asked. "Very simply, I'd like to know why I was ordered here. It seems unusual for an officer of any rank higher than captain to be needed at this institution." "Ah, of course," the receptionist replied. "There have been some unexpected occurrences as of late here at the academy." The major asked suspiciously, "such as?" "Unfamiliar fleshlings appearing in the library, others disappearing into rooms. The tipping point of the balance was perhaps the destruction of one of our bunkers not far from here. Reportedly a squad pursued the attacker due south, straight this way, and was not successful in incarcerating him. It was decided that for purposes of security a commanding officer of equal or higher rank than the rest would be needed in case of an outburst or other undesired situation. Basically, sir, you're here as the new head of security."
You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

The Holy namelesskitty

Cassiopia awoke the next night, this time her dream had been so vivid that she could feel the heat from the burning flesh of her parents. But instead of shrieking she contained her anguish for she knew her pain would be abated, the night was the full moon, and she would not forget her parents, she was returning home. As soon as Cassiopia cleared the dorms She broke into a trot and then a run, she worried not about the guards, she knew each personally. She was unfazed until she aw a new face, a shadowling who looked as confused and anxious as she. He was new and she had failed to notice and now it was too late.

OOC: Shadowroq here's your turn

Shadoroq

OOC: In the HL my character wouldn't be that apprehensive. He is, after all, a major.

Noxus was on rounds late that first night. Nothing happening for one hour... two... but then he saw someone out. Not one of his guards, but a student. A gelf, seemingly. Why had none of his subordinates seen her by now? "You," he said coldly, "what are you doing out at this hour?" The girl had clearly not expected to be caught, running past so many Shadowlings. What had gotten into these psys this time? The receptionist had not been kidding when she said "unexpected occurrences."

The Holy namelesskitty

Cassiopia stopped dead. She heard a shadowling's voice yelling at her, fight or flight suddenly kicked in, she chose flight, using what few wits she was still possessed of she did the first thing which came to mind, blind him. Not permanently only for perhaps five minutes. Still she needed to get away fast, the now incapacitated shadowling wasn't the only witness, but Cassiopia would never leave return without seeing her parents, just once...

OOC: follow or not Your choice.

Duskling

Frex's sleep had been disturbed by the psychic and audible screaming and yelling of Shadowlings, and his blood ran cold. They weren't looking for him were they? Carefully concealing his mind, he took a few steps the the dorm window, and outside he saw a "Wood Folk," as some call them, running away from Shadowlings as they were floating after her with immense speed. He couldn't let this go by, and fired off a few Mind Blasts to incapacitate a few Shadowlings chasing the "Gelf." They clutched their heads and screamed, and some even fell to the floor, unconscious, probably just new recruits, Frex smiled at this, a guilty pleasure. He couldn't throw any Cryo Blasts, as they were too visible, and the Shadowlings already sensed something amiss, he could not risk his own position, as they would find out that he was the one that burned their bunker, and would execute him harshly, even though they care fairly little for such outposts. There were only a few more Shadowlings following the "Gelf," and Frex was eager to see what she could do.

The Holy namelesskitty

Cassiopia heard a few screams behind her, thankful that less were following she almost turned back to thank the mysterious helper, but as she was about Cassiopia's sense of self preservation kicked in and she bolted. Cassiopia thought she must look funny to her helper slowing then moving almost comparable to a frightened hare. She continued into the wood deftly and instinctively avoiding each tree, it was nearly impossible for anyone, human or shadowling, outside her race to pass through the thicket. Cassiopia soon found the remains of her first and true home, she navigated to the front of a pink magnolia which the Misty April weather had set ablaze, no, awash in color. She sat in front of it, taking in the sweet aroma of it's flowers and then began to weep, for her fear, for her parents and for, more than anyone the helper, he, or she, she reminded herself was probably killed by those pursues of hers. She let out an anguished shout for the death of her parents, the only ones to stand by her. "why, why is all of the blood falling on my hands?"

Duskling

Frex saw as the "Gelf" bolted out of the Academy, and into the forest. It felt good to help people, especially those against the vile Shadowlings. Now, he had problems of his own, the Mind Blasts he had attacked the Shadowlings with let out surges of brain activity, easily tracked by the Shadowlings at this point, as they were now on high alert, even raiding some dormitories. Frex didn't want to be caught, nor did he want his sleeping companion to be caught with a fugitive, both of which would likely receive death penalties. He had no other choice, and while the decision was a risky one, it was the only plan he had. Frex had jumped out of the dorm window where the Shadowlings could not see him, outside the Academy, and had fired weak Mind Blasts as "beacons", to lead the Shadowlings away from the Academy. When the Shadowlings had finally reached the last "beacon," it appeared as the trail led to the forest, but Frex carefully positioned the trail to lead away from him, Zack, and the "Gelf." The Shadowlings that went off to pursue him had been oblivious as to how they had just been sent on a wild goose chase, and he was glad they were, Let them rot, Frex thought, They deserve as much, as he went back into the dormitory where, unbelievably, Zack was still asleep, likely because Frex's plan was put into motion before the raid came to Zack. And so, Frex once again crawled into his sleeping bag, lent to him by Zack, where he carefully shielded his mind, and went back to bed.

OOC: Sorry we sort of messed up the timeline Zack. :(

Xemadus Echina

Jace woke up to the sun shining on his face This sure has been an interesting few days...  I wonder what they'll do today?  Jace got up out of bed and threw his school clothes on.  He looked at his black cape for a few seconds before attaching it. I can't believe how much has changed... Private tutors and all...  He stepped out of his room and seconds later an icy blast flew right in front of his face.  Jace looked over and saw a rather large boy in a blue cape. "Hey kid, nice cape you got there.  How about I turn it blue again like it should be. Not again... "Leave me alone I have to get to class" The boy smirked and began to conjure up another cyroblast "Not today kid.  You see me and my friends don't exactly like it when kids like you get bumped up because you're special"  Jace closed his eyes, feeling the emanations of hatred emerging from the larger student.  He pressed lightly on feelings of jealousy to make him act rashly and then began to form both a lightblast and pyroblast.  "I got 'bumped up' because I'm stronger then you. You're just to jealous to notice it you toad"  The boy let out a snarl and charged Jace.  He let the cyroblast out and Jace quickly hit it with his pyroblast.  The boy produced a small knife as he ran and as he stepped close to Jace, he let the lightblast loose, hitting him square in the chest.  The boy fell down and dropped his knife, clutching his chest, trying to hide blood.  "I'm gonna kill you kid, dont ever let your guard down." Jace smiled and simply said "I don't plan to."  He gathered some energy and created two pyroblasts.  "In fact I don't plan on ever worrying about you again"  The boy looked up at jace wide-eyed "Oh god no, please don't kill me."  Jace brought the flames down close to the boys face, then let them lose on his hands, completely charring the skin.  The boy howled in agony and vainly tried to create a mass of ice to cool his hands down.  "Good luck being anything now.  People like you don't deserve to be called a psy."  Jace walked off and smiled, hopeful that he wouldn't be tormented anymore after this.

"this is good Rainen.  Take your squad and raid that facility  I'll have a team sent with carts to load up the goods after you.  We should be able to acquire a good stockpile of supplies with minimal losses as long as your reputation holds true."  Rainen bowed slightly and ran off into the darkness of the cave.  He ran by memory, through the twisting tunnels and into a large open cavern where 3 other people were waiting.  "We have a go.  Plisca and Gedi, you two scout the place out for weak points.  Feru you work on a distraction.  We'll hit it tonight.  Plisca and Gedi nodded, running off into the darkness.  Feru ran down a side tunnel to a dimly lit lab.  If this works as planned we'll be living like kings for a month...  Rainen pulled his twin swords meggido and luma out and pushed power into them, watching the red and white dance along the symbols etched in the blades.  Then it'll be time to work on the real prize.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zackirus

Zack handed the teacher his paper and quickly said hi to the boy. He then ran off, and went back towards the gate the boys were meeting at. After wandering around for a couple minutes he knew he was lost. He tried to retrace his steps but found himself at the Library. He went inside to ask for directions but the librarian was nowhere to be seen. He walked down the different rows of the library, trying to find somone, but all he found was some kid who was asleep at a desk. Zack grimaced and walked down the final row. It was an old section, sporting books that looked like they haven't been used for years and were about to fall apart. Zack's eyes fell on a single light blue book that looked in decent condition. He pulled it out from the self and held it. It was about the Shadowlings and The Shadowling war. Zack was about to read the first page when he suddenly felt a quick jolt in his mind. He blinked a couple times and looked again at the book. Everything looked and felt the same. "Weird..." Zack whispered, putting the book back in its place. He walked out of the library and towards the cellar. He wanted to see his only friend. He found the cellar, as it had cold air coming from it, and quickly went down the stairs and saw his new bug friend leaning against the cellar wall. He also saw a ghost standing, no, more of floating, next to him. "Hey Zaron." Zack greeted, trying to remain calm.

Zack looked at the shadowling and quickly hid in the bushes. The shadowling floated by, to tried to scan the area. Zack got up from his hiding spot once the shadowling was inside the building and found himself face to face with some sort of green women. Shocked by the moment, he quickly fainted.

OOC: The shadowling wasn't Noxus. Simply, Noxus came and thought he saw a Tratenite, but he actually didn't. Cassiopia then went out and found the attraction of Noxus. Cassiopia was then helped by Frex to escape. Once everything had finished, Zack went outside and saw a shadowling coming hid, and then found himself next to Cassiopia...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Shadoroq

Noxus became very annoyed as the little gelf disrupted his senses and made a break for it. The next few minutes were tumultuous and loud. Two things he hated so much. The others were shouting as if they were being accosted, but surely the girl couldn't easily run and mind blast at once. "Trace it to its source," he thought. There were multiple blasts inside the walls, but also several outside. As Noxus' sight returned to him, he saw a couple of his fellows unconscious on the ground and the rest out of sight. They must have chased after the gelf through the east gate. But why then, would she have tried any mind blasts around north side of the academy? Besides her pursuers there would be no one there. She must have had help, and that help led his men around and away. "You've got to be kidding me," he thought, "this is just absurd." It was far too late to follow after the gelf, but this second one could be found. Most likely he or she was in the northeast building, both because its position was proper for such an assault and because it was the student dormitory building. But what could he do? Scan every student in there? That would be fun. Yeah. Real fun. "Ah, well. I need to get those fools back in here anyway." Noxus floated to the north gate, had it opened and shouted to the guards who now were coming round the corner, "get back here, you idiots! You've been tricked." They all slowed at the words of their superior and traveled back to the gate. He told them, "I believe that escapee had a partner who assisted her. Search the dorms inconspicuously. Record anything- or anyone- that could be related, but alter nothing." "Yes sir," said one, and the lot of them headed over toward the dorms. "I told you going that way was a bad idea," said one to another. "Shut up!" came response. "This was humiliating. I cannot allow another such fiasco to happen," he thought to himself. This wasn't the worst thing that could happen, but it was bearing more resemblance every day.

The next day, sure enough, a cape and slip of paper were in the room. A list of classes, it seemed. That was expected. Noxus drew up the cape and looked at it. A shadowling couldn't very well wear a cape, but he had a bright idea he'd been meditating on since his first contemplation of joining the academy. He folded the cape's width down to a sixth its typical size. The "cape rope" was then easily tied around his wrist. "Dandy," he said to himself. According to the notice, though, his first class didn't start for another hour. Unable to remain still any longer, he left his bare dorm and took a look around the building. This place was pretty empty save for dorms and a cellar entrance. Hey... ah, what the heck, it's not like there wasn't time. Noxus opened the cellar door and floated down. The place was fairly empty. He went further into the cellar, past some boxes, down another few steps and came to see something rather unexpected: a number of bugs like those from the Deeper Downs. "Whoa... awesome!"

The Holy namelesskitty

Cassiopia awoke from her trance, and walked into the charred wreckage that once meant home to her, she touched the nearest upstanding pillar and nearly it gave way, but she caught herself and nothing fell other than a few sooty chips. Then something amazing and in all respects truly fantastical happened, Cassipoia heard the voice of her mother, it was calm, sensible, beautiful, eloquent and everything else it should have been. At first the speech was indistinct but soon the voice became clear, it instructed her to press ahead. Unable to argue Cassiopia did so without question.

"to your left and under that fallen arch."

Cassiopia obeyed, she could do nothing else and never would have wished to. At Cassiopia's feet lay the burnt body of her mother.

"In my hand darling, the cloth. Take it; it is the name the one to burn me, it is only right that you know, and only, is it right, that you make a choice."

"Mom, I" cassiopia responded unsure if her mother was really there and could hear.

"please do go on."

"Why did you leave yourself why didn't you save yourself and instead run back into the blaze for me?"

"There was too much blood on my hands, such is the curse of our people. And I loved you more than the world you were everything to me and I knew it better to die while you lived than to live while you died, and I made the right choice and I will never regret it."

Cassiopia read the name aloud " Daniel Tanner" then she said into the empty blackness that surrounded the burnt home, " Pray I never see you Daniel Tanner, because I despise pain and suffering, so I will kill you right away.

bugfartboy

OOC: Kitty... It doesn't seem very Telepath RP-ish. Just IMO.

Gath

Hey, this is an interesting story. I know it's been going on for a while, but could I make a character and join?

Zackirus

Sure Gath, go ahead. Just remember to follow the template on the first page.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada