News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Government of Choice

Started by Duskling, October 17, 2010, 12:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

I agree with that last part, everything here is given, life is too simple. However, namelesskitty is correct, America will jump out of this economical ditch, just don't expect it to happen soon.

ArtDrake

Was there a jump back onto the bandwagon of religion after the Great Depression? No; there was a war. And a bunch of Communists after that.

My point is, it didn't take "going back to the path we have strayed from" to get us out of that ditch. It's an economic thing, and unless Bible sales count for a much larger part of our economy than I think it does, atheism is a-okay as far as Apple, Inc. is concerned.

The Holy namelesskitty

Now if people stopped believing in the almighty Internet, then we'd be in trouble.

(I don't mean to offend by calling the Internet almighty.)
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

MikeW781

I am in full support of the philosophy of a communist system, but the issue is in the implementation. The big issue is that communism revolves around equality, but for a communist system to be put in place, a ruling group would need to give up their power and wealth, fully and completely. For obvious reasons, this doesn't happen. Communism has therefore only ever worked in very small scales, like a poor village where everybody shares. This is both due to the issue with a ruling group having to sacrifice power, and because for a country to run today, there would need to be people to regulate foriegn affairs, money, laws, etc. And these people would need more power than the others to do this, thus ruining the idea of communism.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

I personally don't like the theory of communism.  Why should a person who works harder then someone else be of equal status to the lazy guy who does nothing?  Why should a doctor have equal status to a janitor?

The Holy namelesskitty

That's the point of capitalism, but since when should a college dropout earn about three digits more than a person who spent eight years learning after graduation?

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 27, 2010, 12:14:23 AM
when should a college dropout earn about three digits more than a person who spent eight years learning after graduation?
When they use their incredible talent or intelligence alongside hard work to create a successful business.  Famous college dropouts: Bill Gates and David Green

The Holy namelesskitty

Maybe A hobo is hard working, maybe a doctor can work two jobs and get three hours of sleep, but the dropout CEOs make tons more for calling a few people and reading popular science magazine.

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 27, 2010, 12:41:30 AM
Maybe A hobo is hard working, maybe a doctor can work two jobs and get three hours of sleep, but the dropout CEOs make tons more for calling a few people and reading popular science magazine.
Are you kidding me?  CEOs become CEOs because they are workaholics.  If a CEO was only calling a few people and reading magazines, then he would be fired by the board of directors.  You really don't know what you are talking about.

The Holy namelesskitty

are you a CEO, you don't know what you mean, if you're born in a rich family with a lot of power you're set for life, otherwise you'r worried about where you're gonna get your next meal.

sure they work hard early on, then they trade that for sitting in at meetings after that it's all in stock options, then it's donating some of you're family's fortune, after that you sit on the john and keep the board happy.

MikeW781

namelesskitty, it sounds like you learned everything you know about what a CEo does from Dilbert. The CEO's are the ambitious workaholics, otherwise they would not be promoted. Even if a lzy man was somehow promoted to CEO, he would shortly be replaced by one of these ambitious workaholics.

buggy, congratulations, you just posted a semi-random quote and got your post count up'd by one. seriously, at least kinda explain a post. maybe say something quick like "you can't say that somebody doesn't get an opinion because they aren't a CEO unless you're one" which is true.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

I was restating Nameless's own question. I want to know if he/she knows what a CEO does since he/she seems to know just what a CEO does.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 27, 2010, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 27, 2010, 04:34:55 PM
are you a CEO
In case you forgot: posts in the General section doesn't increase your post count.

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 27, 2010, 04:34:55 PM
are you a CEO, you don't know what you mean, if you're born in a rich family with a lot of power you're set for life, otherwise you'r worried about where you're gonna get your next meal.
I think you are referring to trust fund babies.  If the children of a rich family are incompetent, then they will never be CEOs.  I don't care how wealthy Paris Hilton's father is; a board of directors will never let her be a CEO.

Namelesskitty, just because you are angry doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

ArtDrake

Nono, I know for a fact he/she isn't angry. I just think that he/she's accepting the general stereotype of a CEO just letting underlings do the work, screwing up the company, and being idiots ($1 a year, f's up the company, and wants bonuses?). This is not true of all CEOs, but each of those traits can be found in separate Chief Executive Officers in companies around the world, if not in combination.