News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Which do you think is the most powerful?

Started by Idozen Cair, December 06, 2010, 07:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you think is the most powerful?

Magic in Harry Potter
0 (0%)
Psy abilities in Telepath
4 (57.1%)
The Force in Star Wars
0 (0%)
Godly powers in Percy Jackson
1 (14.3%)
Other
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Idozen Cair

Well, I've suddenly came up with this: Among all these powers we see in books and movies every day, which is the most powerful?
Personally, I would choose Psy abilities. I think this is beacuse I like the game series. Pretty lame reason eh? :D Please feel free to give out your reasons and such.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

MikeW781

Add magic from the Inheritance series, and the Dresden Files.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

Oh yeah. Definatly the magic in the Inheritance series.

MikeW781

I'd say that ordinary weilders of the powers from the Dresden Files and the Inheritance Series would have a toss up, it'd be pretty even. However, the archangels, Sidhe Queens, and other super beings of the Dresden Files are incredibly powerful.
However, its a silly question, as any author can say something like "And this guy is the MOST AWESOMEST MAGE THING EVER! He could kick the crud out of ANYBODY!"

ArtDrake

If my TRPG2 Hero beats Nelis solo, Hero > Nelis.

Nelis > Most everything. "Prepare to perish in fire!"?

Idozen Cair

Er... I'm sorry but what are the 'Dresdan files' and 'Inheritance'? ???
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Eragon is the first book in the Inheritence Sequence (I still can't believe that Brisingr could have been bigger had he not made it four books instead of just three) and follows the story of a boy and his dragon as they attempt to overthrow the evil King Galbatorix (also a Dragon Rider) with the aid of the Varden (Freedom fighters attempting to dethrone the mad king) using both supernatural speed, strength, and sight as well as magic that is channeled through the Ancient Language in which words don't just describe an aspect of the thing (fire as an example) but rather the word IS the thing (so Brisingr IS fire). And you'll have to ask Mike about the Dresden files. My parents won't let me read them because they claim it gets too graphic in ways inappropriate for a fourteen year old.

Idozen Cair

Ah! Eragon! I know that. The dragon series, right?
I doesn't care, do I?

Steelfist

Yes; the dragon series.

At any rate, just about any fantasy series (and sometimes science fiction) has an awesomely powerful figure within it. I, for one, vote for the Unbeliever, and his White Gold.

On your current list, probably the god's . . . god powers . . . from Percy Jackson.

MikeW781

Quote from: Bugfartboy on December 07, 2010, 07:24:02 AM
And you'll have to ask Mike about the Dresden files. My parents won't let me read them because they claim it gets too graphic in ways inappropriate for a fourteen year old.
Definately true. For the most part, it would be okay for you to read, but then there are parts where it gets either very graphic or sexual that you shouldn't read. Just a warning to anybody young looking to read those books.

But yeah, im too lazy to write a description right now, so Read the First Paragraph or two of this