News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Spirits Return

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

Perhaps the cultists took the books to the crypts to destroy them away from the sight of the common citizens, because they didn't want to admit that those books existed. However, (some of) the ghosts in the crypts are spirits of the former librarians and they scared off the cultists. The cultists didn't bother to try to destroy the books because they thought that no one will be able to reach them anyway.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

cyso

Potential rebels might be content with not doing anything about the cult doing away with the books just as long as they know the books are still there. If a book lover figured out that the books had been destroyed, it might be "the final straw".
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Quote from: yogc on March 11, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
Potential rebels might be content with not doing anything about the cult doing away with the books just as long as they know the books are still there. If a book lover figured out that the books had been destroyed, it might be "the final straw".

I wonder how many book lovers their are in Ravinville?

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 11, 2010, 05:51:15 PM
Perhaps the cultists took the books to the crypts to destroy them away from the sight of the common citizens, because they didn't want to admit that those books existed. However, (some of) the ghosts in the crypts are spirits of the former librarians and they scared off the cultists. The cultists didn't bother to try to destroy the books because they thought that no one will be able to reach them anyway.

It doesn't seem like some spirts would frigten off the cultists. I think that the books were merly stored thier so only the cults could look at them
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

Hey, I've met some people absolutely crazy about books. They always read, and would be really, really mad if their books were destroyed.

Zhampir

but the cultists should have no use or respect for them. Perhaps schematics and training guides (though if they were for the Gift they would likely either a. be destroyed because the Cult supposedly hate the gift, or b. stored somewhere separate, perhaps the Cult headquarters so only trusted soldiers could learn) would be of interest, all others are normally, with the invasion of a new culture are destroyed.

The public (even the book lovers) would not know if they were being stored or destroyed. and the severe book lovers would assume they had been destroyed and lied to about them being safely stored. After all, what sense does it make to an ordinary citizen for the Cult to keep the books when the only book they encourage reading of is their propaganda of death and destruction to all non-believers?

Ertxiem

Perhaps the destruction of books was assigned to low educated soldiers that that didn't have the power (or the guts) to fight the ghosts. They thought that leaving the books to the ghosts is the same as destroying them since nobody (in their opinion) would risk their live just for a few books. And the soldiers didn't risk telling their leaders that they didn't destroy the books, as ordered, since they were afraid of being punished.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Presentiment

Perhaps the books were removed by these guys.

Zhampir

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 13, 2010, 06:12:45 PM
Perhaps the destruction of books was assigned to low educated soldiers that that didn't have the power (or the guts) to fight the ghosts. They thought that leaving the books to the ghosts is the same as destroying them since nobody (in their opinion) would risk their live just for a few books. And the soldiers didn't risk telling their leaders that they didn't destroy the books, as ordered, since they were afraid of being punished.

That... is... uh.. I'm confused as to your logic... lol
A fear, or inability to fight the ghosts would give the soldiers a reason to destroy the books... as they would likely have had to fight the ghosts to secure the books in the crypt.
If they were ordered to destroy the books, the only reason I see for the men to secure the books in a crypt is that they believe it's the last place the cult would search and they wished to protect the books... but as the guard at the library seems very confident about the removal of the books (as he is not the contact, the librarian is) this seems unlikely.

cyso

Maybe the guard was scared of being punished, like the librarian, but the fact that he was afraid while he was supposed to be a guardsmen loyal to the people made him bitter.

Zhampir

Good logic there as well. ^^
I was also thinking, perhaps the guard acted in this way to remove suspicion of him, as he does not know you are with the resistance, for all he knows you could be a spy looking for traitors within the Cult. He could even be the Librarian's informant.

KZ

The subject of books was breached before in the old forums, and I highly recommend to read that other topic. In essence, there were banned books in the Soviet Union as well, yet the elite had access to them. Why not destroy the books? I think this is one very big indication that the leaders of the Cult don't believe in what they preach themselves, and actually value their own freedom of thought, of choice, etc. It's also suggestive that they may be Psys themselves, if one follows through the logic coming from the previous point.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 20, 2010, 07:37:22 AM
Quote from: Zhampir on February 19, 2010, 10:54:09 PM(unless he killed Azma)
What if one decides to kill Azma? Will he be able to return to fight the Hero again?

Has anyone not noticed that they don't die if they lose their names they just turn into jins or something like that.