News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Spirits Return

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Luca said "If our psy defenses fail, we can...disipate...for a short period of time"

Does this mean that defeated spirits, like Azma, could return and cause problems?

Frosty

For Azma, it depends, but that would be a really good plot twist. Make a mandatory spirit boss, that you have to fight about 5 times over again (the spirit getting better each time). I would depend for Azma because you don't have to kill him, you can tell him a false name, or tell him his real name if you ask his name twice. High aptitude or personality needed (I really don't know which).
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zhampir

They likely won't, they were anchored to Baz's basement because of Fizooz's debt, now that the hero (unless he killed Azma) made them forget their reason for being there, they will likely wonder the world.

Zhampir

theoretically I think he should...

hellboy222

that would be interesting, but I think a bit boring.

KZ

From what CraigStern said earlier in one comment about the Hero fulfilling the task Baz set him, Azma and co will be back soon, since they can't be killed- just temporarily disspiated. The difference will be that the Hero either persuades or scares the spirits (via fighting and dissipating them once) into not bothering Fizooz and the living anymore. That's one possibility, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

unless azma joins the cutlists to get back at you
mock the pheonix you will burn

Frosty

Why would he do that? The cultists would just put him in a crypt to guard books, when he would rather get Fizooz than Duvalier, and Fizooz is in Baz's attic.

torugo

Quote from: Frosty on March 08, 2010, 04:28:53 PM
Why would he do that? The cultists would just put him in a crypt to guard books, when he would rather get Fizooz than Duvalier, and Fizooz is in Baz's attic.
how do they control spirits anyway

Zhampir

They likely don't, the spirits are simply there because it's the "Crypts"

Frosty

Actually, I realize Zhamphir is probably right.

KZ

I am pretty sure the spirits were there in the first place, and the Cultists simply found them to be of use in protecting their books.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

It saddens me that none have commented on this major point in my ramblings, but why are the books being protected and not destroyed like a normal conquistador would have done?

torugo

zhampir is right why go to the trouble of hiding books in a crypt filled with spirits and traps instead of just burning them