News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

General Suggestions Thread

Started by Duskling, November 19, 2010, 11:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

This is where you just give general advice and hope Craig pays some attention and considers it, what with his busy schedule.

Suggestion: Try out the Torque X or 2d Engine while they still last, they'll be selling them soon, a free demo here for X and here for 2D, or you can buy the full versions here for X and here for 2D, if you buy both, the minimum price will be about $200, maximum about $500.

Rules: As always, don't spam, don't flame, use proper grammar and punctuation, and post intelligent ideas. :)

CraigStern

Actually, the next engine I want to learn is Unity--particularly once the next version comes out, with better 2D support.

Duskling

Oh, I really didn't know Unity was that good, thanks for at least looking at the idea. :)

cyso

Don't players need to download a plugin to play games made on Unity? Or is that only for 3D games?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Cypher

bugfartboy

I think that, if possible to code, Craig should create a mode that gives no second chance. You lose a battle, you start over. Thoughts?

cyso

What would be the point of saves? Most games have save points you can load back to if you die.

bugfartboy

I meant a mode that erases the save if you die. Or at least changes the save to the very beginning of the game. That way it poses a bigger challenge for those who claim to be the best tacticians.

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 21, 2010, 01:43:29 PM
I meant a mode that erases the save if you die. Or at least changes the save to the very beginning of the game. That way it poses a bigger challenge for those who claim to be the best tacticians.
Then wouldn't it just encourage grinding and farming, taking the fun out of the game, and then make the game become repetitive by making replay the battle again and again and again?

bugfartboy

It would reset the game completely giving the player the goal of making it to the very end. And the fact that when you lose a battle you start all over would increase the challenge.

cyso

Yes, but it would run the risk of being incredibly annoying. If a person wants to restart every time he loses a battle, he should feel free to restart, but I don't see the point of making a game mode that does this for you.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 21, 2010, 01:43:29 PM

Buggy, what you are suggesting is a game mod that would make Telepath RPG one of the hardest game of all time. Why don't you just increase enemy health, attack power, and number of enemies in each battle, and decrease your units health and attack, make training more expensive and add a timer for your turn and remove the undo button! Then we have a fun game.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

I hate to say it buggy, but Zackirus is right. Can you imagine getting to the very end of the game, one move from the end, and screwing up and dying, and having to restart the entire game over again since you want to know what happens in the end?

Zackirus

You hate to Say I'm Right! :D

Anyway Buggy, there are ways to make a game harder, but making you start the game over just because you died, might be overdoing it. Although you are welcomed to do that by yourself (just every time you die, start the game over, now that's a challenge!)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Alright. Though decreasing teammate health and Psy points along with drastically increasing cost of training and increasing enemy health with a timer on the moves and taking away the undo button would be fun.