News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Orb Transition From TRPG2 To TSoG

Started by Zackirus, November 20, 2010, 09:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you think the orbs got from where they were in TRPG2 to TSoG

The Hero (of TRPG2) hid them
The Hero gave them to his teammates
The Hero sold his orbs
He lost them
Somone stole them
The Hero never found them (and other people did)
Other

Zackirus

I been wondering this for a while, how did the orbs (which may or not have been in possession of the Hero of TRPG2) get from the places they were in TRPG2 (Orange Orb: Deeper Downs - Yellow Orb: Lake Alto to Orange Orb: Mahboob's Possession - Yellow Orb: Crypt 2). I personally think that the hero either hid them, as he saw their power and didn't want anyone else to have them, or he never found them at all. Forgive me if this as already been talked about, but I am curious.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

I have a hard time imagining that the hero would sell such potentially powerful items, but he might have to non psys such as Mahboob. Do you think there could be more than one copy of the same orb?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Quote from: yogc elf on November 20, 2010, 10:02:53 PM
I have a hard time imagining that the hero would sell such potentially powerful items, but he might have to non psys such as Mahboob. Do you think there could be more than one copy of the same orb?

It is possible (as you can buy orbs in TPA and TPA2) but I always classified The Arenas as non-canon. However, the "person" who created the orbs only created 8 (it never says he created more than one of each).

I think that the hero hid them, and maybe over time, some of them were found and some were not. Hence why the Indigo orb is weirdly located. What I don't get is, if the cult hid the books in the Crypts, why didn't they take the orbs at the end (it could be that they were the ones to hide the orbs in the first place).
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

I always assumed that TRPG2's "Eight Orbs of Power" were a different set of orbs, then the 15 orbs in TSoG.

Quote from: Zackirus on November 20, 2010, 10:14:13 PMHowever, the "person" who created the orbs only created 8 (it never says he created more than one of each).
FWI, the orbs of power were created by "craftsmen".  That means that it took more then one person (maybe multiple races) to create the orbs.

MikeW781

I gotta be honest here, I think this is one of those details that Craig didn't really consider. Its was more of, the orbs were created in TRPG2 to add some neat customizability to what kind of fighter your Hero was, and were carried to TsoG because they were a good idea. The backstory was added later.

All IMO though.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!