News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is Noctus alive?

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the Shadowling Queen, would you revive Noctus?

Definitely
Yes
Maybe
No
Hell No

Frosty

But Noctus was under Tastiadan too. So if she cut slack for the Main because he was under Tastiadan, she would for Noctus too (also probably a bit faster, cause he isn't a slave and all).
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

It all depends, I guess, on how she viewed those Shadowlings who failed her once: there are many examples ih history where there is more tolerance given for a valiant enemy effort (or that of an allied troop) then for the failings of one's own troops. I suspect that the Main was of much greater significance to her plans than Noctus was, and I am not sure if she'd be willing to cut more slack to a talented human than her very own commander.
There is also the twist about Noctus being revived, but not surviving the Shadow War. Personally I think that she might as well have revived Noctus, but given him a temporary demotion, and that there is a chance he survived the end of the Shadow Wars, such that we might catch a glimpse of him in TSoG.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

Quote from: Frosty on March 08, 2010, 10:11:56 AM
But Noctus was under Tastiadan too. So if she cut slack for the Main because he was under Tastiadan, she would for Noctus too (also probably a bit faster, cause he isn't a slave and all).
once again ill say noctus lost to a human in which she hates and tastidian probably forgot all about him and just left him to the afterlife. my guess the queen has to know if someone is dead to bring them back
mock the pheonix you will burn

Frosty

So she would cut more slack for his killer, when she wouldn't cut slack for someone higher up than him who he killed. If I were Tastiadan, I would've personally killed the Main right in his room. But then again, I am the most selfish thing in the world.

cyso

I think it would make a great plot device to keep Noctus alive. After all, there would always be a chance the queen would revive Nocuts, and it would be nice to see Noctus again (even if it is just to kill him).
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 08, 2010, 02:44:20 PM
There is also the twist about Noctus being revived, but not surviving the Shadow War. Personally I think that she might as well have revived Noctus, but given him a temporary demotion, and that there is a chance he survived the end of the Shadow Wars, such that we might catch a glimpse of him in TSoG.
It is pointless logic to assume that Noctus is revived and then assume he is killed before game players see him again.

Quote from: torugo on March 08, 2010, 03:16:56 PM
Quote from: Frosty on March 08, 2010, 10:11:56 AM
once again ill say noctus lost to a human in which she hates and tastidian probably forgot all about him and just left him to the afterlife. my guess the queen has to know if someone is dead to bring them back
There is not any proof that she hates humans.  If she hates humans as has much as you describe, then she would kill them instead of enslaving them.

Quote from: yogc on March 08, 2010, 05:07:18 PM
I think it would make a great plot device to keep Noctus alive. After all, there would always be a chance the queen would revive Noctus, and it would be nice to see Noctus again (even if it is just to kill him).
I agree completely.  The next time he is killed it would be for good.

cyso

Nelis views humans as cheap, dispensable tools. They are valuable to her while they last, but after that there isn't much point to them. She doesn't hate them, she just doesn't care.

torugo

Quote from: Frosty on March 08, 2010, 04:23:27 PM
So she would cut more slack for his killer, when she wouldn't cut slack for someone higher up than him who he killed. If I were Tastiadan, I would've personally killed the Main right in his room. But then again, I am the most selfish thing in the world.
at the end of chapter 1 tastidian wanted you as a slave because you defeated noctus. bringing noctus back probably slipped tastidians mind

Frosty

How could your one of your commanders dying slip your mind?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 08, 2010, 09:16:15 PM
Nelis views humans as cheap, dispensable tools. They are valuable to her while they last, but after that there isn't much point to them. She doesn't hate them, she just doesn't care.
So she views humans, as most people view cattle?  She doesn't care if they live or die as long as they serve a purpose.  But with that logic, i would not persecute someone for being killed by a cow. So why would she not revive Noctus for being killed by a very power human?

Zhampir

Humans are disgraceful, they are the enemy, and they are tasty. and yes, you might persecute them. Would you not think it would be kind of funny to hear that somebody was frightened of a chicken killing them?

torugo

Quote from: Frosty on March 09, 2010, 04:53:14 PM
i meant he lost interest in noctus seeing he wasnt strong enough to be of any use

cyso

If a ranch hand of mine were killed by a cow, I would view him as quite incompetent (probably). I would still revive him, even if it would be just to humiliate him.

Frosty

Quote from: torugo on March 09, 2010, 07:31:07 PM
Quote from: Frosty on March 09, 2010, 04:53:14 PM
i meant he lost interest in noctus seeing he wasnt strong enough to be of any use
Noctus captured David, I'd say he had some use.

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 09, 2010, 07:31:55 PM
If a ranch hand of mine were killed by a cow, I would view him as quite incompetent (probably). I would still revive him, even if it would be just to humiliate him.
I am gland you conceded and will "still revive him".
You should cut people some slack.  Cattle (humans more so) can be very dangerous.