News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is Noctus alive?

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the Shadowling Queen, would you revive Noctus?

Definitely
Yes
Maybe
No
Hell No

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 20, 2010, 03:48:41 PM
Update from Craig: 'Maybe'
It is not much of an update when he said "Maybe ;)" to the same question in the Old Forums.

KZ

Still, the fact that he repsonded at all is already very telling: at least it's something that he might be considering doing, and it might be affected by how badly people want to see him again.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

that wink makes me feel awfully hopeful lol

Alan

Back to Noctus being revived, in addition to all the good reasons here, I also think it would be logical for him to be revived (If the queen had the opportunity to); for why would the queen not revive a valued commander, while she revives random humans (and even a spriggat!) on the main's team.  She does this without hesitation, so why should she think twice about reviving a shadowling?  If I had thought Noctus had failed me, I wouldn't just have him killed, he would still have uses, and if I was really displeased with him, I would punish him by having him serve under the human who defeated him  ;)

Zackirus

I think even by us putting this forum into the board will want to make Craig put Noctus back in for TSoG
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Quote from: Zackirus on March 21, 2010, 02:32:26 PM
I think even by us putting this forum into the board will want to make Craig put Noctus back in for TSoG
That is also a factor to consider- popular demand sometimes does wonders ;)

Given that Craig mentioned that he is working on Somnus art, we might find out soon whether or not Noctus is alive.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

How do you know Noctus would be in Somnus?
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

I don't, but given that in Somnus we'll have many Shadowlings and NPCs, chances are we will find out whether or not Noctus will be in the game (using pure deduction and speculation, I think Somnus is the most logical place for start of a side quest, or any news bearing relation to Noctus).
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

I'd like to see him, or at least hear mention of him. It would be a nice little Easter Egg.

Frosty

I think that has been said before.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

I believe it was, and it certainly has support- from the looks of it most people would like to find out Noctus' fate in light of the fact that Nelis could've revived him! And it's a nice tie-in with TRPG1.

Methiks that for now there isn't much more to say, really- we'll have to wait and see, wait and see. ;)
Welcome to the forums!

MikeW781

Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

It seems as though, assuming he is alive, Noctus would come back as a Loyalist, seeing how egotisic he was when you meet him. If he isn't alive, however, that's just about it, he isn't alive. :D

KZ

Quote from: Duskling on June 10, 2010, 06:21:45 PM
It seems as though, assuming he is alive, Noctus would come back as a Loyalist, seeing how egotisic he was when you meet him.

That statement pretty much sums up the general opinion folks, myself included, expressed over the duration of the thread. So, let's find out when TSoG comes out. ;)
Welcome to the forums!