News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Pirates!

Started by SmartyPants, November 24, 2010, 03:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to see pirates in TSoG?

Definitely
4 (28.6%)
Yes
6 (42.9%)
Maybe
4 (28.6%)
No
0 (0%)
Hell No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SmartyPants

People loved Pirate Pete from TRPG2 and many would love to see more of pirates like him.  Why or why not have pirates in TSoG?

bugfartboy

How many people liked Pirate Pete should be the question. I didn't love him but he was okay. And I said yes to pirates.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 24, 2010, 03:20:31 PM
How many people liked Pirate Pete should be the question. I didn't love him but he was okay. And I said yes to pirates.
Really? His improper speech and drunkenness was funny to me.

Zackirus

Of Course: because, I liked Pirate Pete (although, he still might be alive in TSoG), I want more boat battles as they were interesting, but this would require ship-to-ship combat, and they make sense as enemy to begin with.

Although, could more than one race be pirates? I would like to see shadowing pirates, as they might have the attack: trick shot, which might be a nice touch.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 24, 2010, 03:25:09 PMAlthough, could more than one race be pirates? I would like to see shadowing pirates, as they might have the attack: trick shot, which might be a nice touch.
That is possible since shadowlings befriend humans after the Shadow War.  History has shown us that out of work soldiers do turn to criminal activities like pillaging.  After the end of the Shadow War, there will be alot out of work shadowling soldiers.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 24, 2010, 03:34:17 PM
That is possible since shadowlings befriend humans after the Shadow War.  History has shown us that out of work soldiers do turn to criminal activities like pillaging.  After the end of the Shadow War, there will be a lot out of work shadowling soldiers.

Well we have seen how some shadowlings don't mind Human's so much, so it is reasonable to say that some shadowlings have befriended humans. Perhaps after the war, some of them might have resorted to using physical weapons (like daggers) to inflict harm upon enemies. What would everyone think of a Shadowling Knife-Thrower type of enemy, similar to Niven?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I wouldn't say no. Accually I would like it. I like the idea of multiple race pirates.

Zackirus

QuoteShadowling Soldier (Normal)

Health: 45
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 15), Shadow Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 18)
Resistance: Shadow

Shadowling Knife-Flinger (Normal) (They are Purple with small knives on their head)

Health: 37
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 14) or Knife Throw (Range: 1, Damage: 14), Trick Shot (Range: Backwards L, Damage: 17)
Resistance: Shadow or None

Is this fine?

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I have nothing against it. Anyone else like it besides me?

bugfartboy

He was simply suggesting it in the thread that best suited it. This is the "Pirates!" thread after all.

SmartyPants

This topic shouldn't be an offshoot of the New Enemy Ideas.
The Light Spriggat stats were not discussed in the Light Spriggat thread and the Pirate stats will not be discussed in this thread.
If you want my opinion on the stats, then you will put them in the appropriate thread.

Zackirus

Back on Topic: Who was the person who voted maybe?

Also: im2smart4u, do the Pirates use Psy Crsytals to control their boats like The Hero did in TRPG2, or do they use sails (like on a pirate ship)

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 25, 2010, 01:38:57 PM
Also: im2smart4u, do the Pirates use Psy Crsytals to control their boats like The Hero did in TRPG2, or do they use sails (like on a pirate ship)
Pirates probably use both type normal and psy boats. Non-psy boats would probably be more common, because the resonance crystals used in the psy boats can't be cheap.

bugfartboy

Unless someone in that group of Pirates knew how to create those crystals anyway. Maybe one of the shadowling pirates?

SmartyPants

I don't think resonance crystals are easily made.  It is probably like oil.  It is a rare resource that needs to be refined inorder to use it.