News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Tastidian's face

Started by Idozen Cair, December 15, 2010, 03:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

I was playing TRPG2 and suddenly came up with a question that hasn't been asked before:

Why does Tastidian have cracks on his face?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

They're scars. He's been in battle. He gets scars. End of discussion.

Idozen Cair

Lots of Shadowlings have been in battle and I haven't seen a scar on any of them except for Tastidian.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Tastidian is also older than most. He's old enough to havee grown his horns.

MikeW781

Quote from: Bugfartboy on December 15, 2010, 07:26:09 AM
They're scars. He's been in battle. He gets scars. End of discussion.
don't be rude to him. thats not entirely true. General Darkeye is old, old enough to have horns and an eye patch, but he has no scars. And the shadowlings have never shown signs of injury besides these alledged scars and Darkeye's patch.
I think they may simply be a facial feature that is uncommon, prehaps something that is derived from one's heritage.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

I think the horns are a part of heritage, not age, as Lala did not have any horns, and neither did Festus, Lala being green and Festus being blue, and General Darkeye being red.  I'm pretty sure someone like Tastidian would not allow anyone get close enough to scar his face, so, the scars could also be a part of heritage, like the horns.

bugfartboy

Also, who said that someone inflicted them on him? I know I implied it but maybe when he was just learning to float, he had a little trouble and accidentally landed on his face on some very spiky and sharp rocks.

ArtDrake

No.... just no.

Tastidian really doesn't seem the sort that would take unnecessary risks. Ever.

bugfartboy

When he was first "born" I mean. When he was just learning to float.

Duskling

Possibly, but he seems incredibly shrewd and intelligent by nature, young or not.

SmartyPants

Tastidian has a big battle scare on his forehead.  Darkeye has a battle scar across his left eye which makes it appear blind.

cyso

I also think it's a battle scar. Darkeye was missing a horn (I think), so a large crack down Tastidian's face doesn't seem to extreme.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Duskling

The horn might not be missing, it could just be one horn, either the other one hasn't grown yet, or that's just in his genes, but yes, maybe Darkeye had another horn that was severed in battle. I think maybe the crack on Tastidian's face is from all that energy concealed inside him, perhaps like a caterpillar waiting to bloom into a butterfly, he had so much energy in him that he might have had nearly enough to transform into a god. A second theory is that the scar appeared when Nelis (that is how it happened right?) transferred some of her energy into Tastidian, and perhaps the procedure was painful, or had some sort of effect on him, such as the scar on Abe's hands in the Oddworld series when he got his powers, that gave him the scar.

cyso

I think the scar is just a normal scar. I think it glows because of Tastidian's power.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Duskling

Or, that could be it... the much less deep and exciting option... :D