News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Tastidian's face

Started by Idozen Cair, December 15, 2010, 03:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

The more realistic answer usually is less exciting.  Then again, if it a scar from battle, then it portrays Tastidian as a warrior instead of just a general who never leaves Somnus.

Duskling

I'm just saying, like Duckling, I don't think Tastidian would ever do anything that would endanger him any way, except go into battle, and even then would be too powerful to receive a scar of such size and shape.

SmartyPants

What makes you think he was always as powerful as he was in TRPG2?  He probably got the scare when he was a young non-general.

Idozen Cair

Well, I think that perhaps there's too much power in him, so the power breaks through his face. Not a very good reason, eh?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Not a very good explanation. :P

Idozen Cair

I will clarify it. They say that he has so much power that he pulses, right? So I reckon that the power inside him was too much, and (I think) that his face cracked for the sake of letting the power out, to prevent Tastidian from exploding.

According to my theory, I say that the crack was a natural phenomenon, not that Tastidian made it on purpose to let the power out.
(like when a tomato has too much juice that it it cracks a bit and squirts juices, but it's natural, and it happened by itself, not made my you or me)
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Instead of assuming that Tastidian scarred from an injury, you think Tastidian is like a big tomato? Really?

Idozen Cair

No! He has nothing to do with tomatoes, is just that I'm using tomatoes as an example.
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

Man, I would kill to see Lethal Laurie make a picture of Tastidian as a tomato right now. :D

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

Heh heh. Gotta love LethalLauries work. And I'm not even going to attempt to draw Tastidian as a tomato. I would get the proportions all wrong and end up unhappy with the end product after going through n reams of printer paper. :p

ArtDrake

I will! But it goes in fanart, so check it out if you get the chance!

ArtDrake

Steelfist

Well, it could well be an injury; no matter how careful or powerful, everyone makes mistakes, and close calls happen to everyone. As for horns, we don't know nearly enough about shadowlings to be sure; I suspect it's a gender thing, if they have genders.

Duskling

Quote from: Steelfist on December 26, 2010, 07:03:46 PM
Well, it could well be an injury; no matter how careful or powerful, everyone makes mistakes, and close calls happen to everyone. As for horns, we don't know nearly enough about shadowlings to be sure; I suspect it's a gender thing, if they have genders.
I'm pretty sure they have genders, there's Nelis and Lala, females, and... many others who are males, remember, Nelis tried to exterminate females of Spriggats... though I'm not sure about Shadowlings, even if she did, I would not see the strategy in it, but they do have genders, most likely the horns are a result of heritage, age, or are just mutations.