News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

How to post about bugs!

Started by KZ, February 03, 2010, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Let's post the same way about bugs as we did in the last forums, and follow the guidelines below (btw, some references to other topics will be added shortly, when I have more time):

"To make the process most efficient:

1) post in the Telepath RPG: Servants of God buglist thread (this way your post will not go unnoticed if several people make thread--as only the latest post is displayed in the index, and the actual forums susbsection isn't opened ever time to see if several new threads were made)

2) use proper grammar and refer to objects/subjects by their proper names (do bother to look them up), this will make the situation much clearer and waste less time for CraigStern to understand and locate the bug (and then spend more time making the actual amazing game)

3) if a glitch occurs on the battlefield with AI behaving incorrectly, or if the Hero can move through the collision wall, or if you think that words alone will not suffice to produce a clear picture of what has happened, make a screenshot and upload it with your post (you can find a thread explaining how to make screenshots here, for instance)

4) give as many details as possible, to narrow down the search, but kindly do not go off-topic and stick to the bug at hand"
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Quote from: KZ on February 03, 2010, 11:19:49 AM
3) [...] (you can find a thread explaining how to make screenshots here, for instance)
I think the link is missing. Since I'm feeling too lazy to write one :) , I'll post a link to the WikiHow about How to Post a Screenshot in the Forums.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.