News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Your thoughts or ideas on the ending

Started by Idozen Cair, December 31, 2010, 11:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

Well, the topic states all. Look, I don't mean stuff like-
Duvalier: He ........ ends up....... No. Stuff like this (actually this is a place for you to write an ending, starting from where you save Duvalier's parents, the point where his mother wails):

After saving Duvalier's parents, the Resistance gets chased by the Cult out of Ravinale. Treading the soft sands of the desert, the Resistance aims to reach the Marid clan for the recruits, but alas they are stopped midway by four great powerful psys; they are faithful followers of Anu. They are also one of the people resisting the Cult. They insist that the Resistance are followers of Yawah and a battle follows, which the Resistance wins. The psys then give Duvalier the 'Armor of Anu' boosting his powers greatly and giving him very powerful new skills.
The Resistance continues the way to Marid and they finally arrive only to be met by an ambush planted by the Cult. The recruits of the Resistance have all been secured and kept under lock an key.
The Resistance then fights General D'Kah, Cygnus and the Ravinale Guard and acolytes. The Resistance defeats them with effort but by the last minute Cygnus summons the help of Yawah. Yawah appears as a huge, blinding sphere of light. The Resistance fights Yawah, and Duvalier successfully destroys Yawah with the help of the armor.
The End
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Armor of Anu? Really? That sounds more like more like a magic piece of whatever and stat boosting items don't fit into the Telepath world.

ArtDrake

What about the slave ring and the orbs?

Those are definitely stat-boosting.

FlyingFinn

An armor is not quite same as bracelets or orbs :D Good ending, but I think that Armor of Anu doesn´t really fit to the spirit of the game - maybe Duvalier could be gifted with some divine insight of something like that rather than some equipment.
Grammar! >_<

Idozen Cair

I won't be editing mine though - what's your idea? :)
I doesn't care, do I?

Steelfist

How about:

Escaping the cult infested city of ravinale, they flee across the Ashwan desert, to the relative safety of the bandit cave. As they arrive, they see an army of cultists engaging with the Resistance, on a plain outside the cave, and though the Resistance is slowly winning, they have suffered heavy casualties.

D'kah steps from the shadowy entrance of the bandit cave lighting a torch to reveal the refugees, many of whom have been slaughtered, a group of bodyguards, and a captive Rahel. D'Kah challenges Griffin to a duel to the death, but Duvalier takes up his gauntlet instead. Defeating him, Duvalier hears his last words, which are a last-minute conversion to Anu and a warning that Cygnus is leading a massive army of fanatical cultists, along with an elite cadre of Prophets, in order to destroy the remnants of the resistance. Duvalier then suffers a vision, where he sees Anu, who names him as his champion, and promises him that he has the power to defeat Cygnus. The bodyguards, hearing their leader convert, also convert, and join the resistance.

Cygnus leads his army to the attack, and the team engages with his Prophets and Cygnus himself (The size of your army could reflect on how many turns you have to conclude the battle, before the resistance is crushed and you are dragged down by sheer numbers). You defeat Cygnus, but he is possessed by the spirit of Yawah, who the team fights, and, together, defeat. The entire army ceases fighting simply to watch, stunned by this awesome confrontation. With Yawah and Cygnus dead, the Resistance takes the demoralised enemy to peices.

bugfartboy

But if Yawah is a spirit, won't he just reform?

Xemadus Echina

yawah is the spirit of nelis!  how about that for a twist? 
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

:o :o :o :o :o

Genius!!! Wait. Do shadowlings have spirits?

Steelfist

That has been fairly disputed for quite a while. In truth, I suspect not (And a no to your theory too, as the Cult hates shadowlings), as they already are very similar to spirits.

Xemadus Echina

yea after i posted that i took a look through everything.  That would totally make sense though.  And with her being a god of sorts surely she would be able to change her form some what? and couldn't it also just be a cover up that the cult hates shadowlings made by the higher ups to hide the fact that it's really nelis leading the show?  and with her being able to raise people from the dead and give people powers, that would makeperfect sense!  even killing of the psys so a new hero couldn't rise up against her makes sense.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

Well... Sorta. It would be a cool plot twist. Wait! Breakthrough! What if the hero in TRPG2 didn't really kill Nelis? What if, like Voldemort, she was merely left as a mere shadow (Haha! I made a pun! :D) of her former self. And so, the shadowling loyalists still feeling that she was and is a godess, she finds the loyalists and inspires them to begin attempting to brainwash important people inside Ravinale, her loyalists being relatively small when it comes to numbers. Thus the Cult was born with Nelis, while weaker than she was about 20 years ago (isn't that the decided approximation?), cleverly disguised as a god once more. The only difference is she goes against her own kind, most of them having abandoned her, and other telepaths, to prevent (as Rainen suggested) another strong Telepath from arising to stop her once more, by utilizing the Cult and it's influence to take the Ravinale guard. And during this time he has been feeding off the minds of those that are brought before her to reduce the time she needs to wait before she is nearly all powerful once more. Does that sound reasonable?

Zackirus

Quote from: Fyer on January 18, 2011, 09:39:24 PM
Well... Sorta. It would be a cool plot twist. Wait! Breakthrough! What if the hero in TRPG2 didn't really kill Nelis? What if, like Voldemort, she was merely left as a mere shadow (Haha! I made a pun! :D) of her former self. And so, the shadowling loyalists still feeling that she was and is a godess, she finds the loyalists and inspires them to begin attempting to brainwash important people inside Ravinale, her loyalists being relatively small when it comes to numbers. Thus the Cult was born with Nelis, while weaker than she was about 20 years ago (isn't that the decided approximation?), cleverly disguised as a god once more. The only difference is she goes against her own kind, most of them having abandoned her, and other telepaths, to prevent (as Rainen suggested) another strong Telepath from arising to stop her once more, by utilizing the Cult and it's influence to take the Ravinale guard. And during this time he has been feeding off the minds of those that are brought before her to reduce the time she needs to wait before she is nearly all powerful once more. Does that sound reasonable?

eh... It seems more reasonable (though this is based off of nothing) that Cygnus is actually a power-hungry person who is using the Cult to take over Ravinale and then the rest of Cera Bella. (Still based off of nothing) I think that he is a Psy and knows it, and it just manipulating people to believe what he thinks. If he kills all the Psys, then their will be no one left to block his Psy Powers (that is why he is also targeting the Shadowlings and Spriggats because they are Psy Orientated Races). But only Craig Knows.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I don't know. It would be really cool, *cough*Craig*cough*, if Nelis were Yawah. It would mean that the TRPG1+2 Hero's attempt to kill Nelis was for almost nothing. If it's true and Yawah is really Nelis, then maybe the game needs to be called "Telepath RPG 3: Revenge of the Shadowling Queen".

Zackirus

I personally disagree, I think that the game would be more original if it had a unique final boss, I mean it is extremely un-original to use the same boss in both your games...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada