News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG Flash movie

Started by TheWanderingShadow, January 10, 2011, 11:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What version of the TRPG2 Hero do you like more?

Version one
Version two

TheWanderingShadow

If no one has done it yet, I think I just might try my hand at it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Alright, so you may have noticed that I've posted a bit of character art. I've now made art for the hero. I tried making both a male and a female version, but when I got some feedback from the people around me, I was told that both versions had very ambiguous genders. That seemed appropriate to me, and since the vote is rather close, I'll follow im2smart4u's suggestion and keep the gender ambiguous. I'll post the art and have you pick between the versions. Sound good?
EDIT: Version two is preferred. Thank you for your feedback, and I'll try to improve the picture when I have time.

Character Art:

Hero:http://thewanderingshadow7.deviantart.com/art/TRPG-Hero-Female-198083792?q=gallery%3ATheWanderingShadow7&qo=1
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

ArtDrake

Oh. Well, what do you mean by Flash Movie?

TheWanderingShadow

Make a movie. In Flash. That was what it was made for, after all.

ArtDrake

And interactive programs like the one that the entire forums is about.

TheWanderingShadow

Well, it was originally for animations. I don't think the original had Actionscript.

CraigStern

TheWanderingShadow

Yes, but spanning the whole game. And without the game.  :P

bugfartboy

Alright. But question: How good would the quality be? How accurate would it be? And which game?

Duskling

Hopefully TRPG2, as it is the most interesting (to me, at least) so far, and TSoG will narrow it down to very few players who have pre-ordered it, but TRPG1 is also pretty good, as it is short, and fit to be improved slightly in the form of a flash movie.

bugfartboy

I think that if he does TRPG2 he should include TRPG1 to give the back story.

TheWanderingShadow

QuoteHow good would the quality be? How accurate would it be? And which game?
TRPG1 could probably be fit in one or two episodes and used as a flashback. Considering TSoG isn't released yet, I won't do that. I would try to be loyal to the plot of TRPG2, but some things would have to be changed and some events rearranged. I'm only a mediocre animator and artist, so maybe I should practice a bit more before trying to do this.

Duskling

Quote from: TheWanderingShadow on January 11, 2011, 10:13:09 PM
QuoteHow good would the quality be? How accurate would it be? And which game?
TRPG1 could probably be fit in one or two episodes and used as a flashback. Considering TSoG isn't released yet, I won't do that. I would try to be loyal to the plot of TRPG2, but some things would have to be changed and some events rearranged. I'm only a mediocre animator and artist, so maybe I should practice a bit more before trying to do this.
No worries, I can't even look at flash animating software without getting confused to the core, if you post it, we'll watch it and give some constructive feedback... I don't know if I can make any, unless it's story related, because I don't know how to improve, or even make, animations, but you can't succeed without trying, nor can you fail without trying, but you can just lye there wondering when you'll start trying without trying... I think that's enough of the word "trying" for one post, but you catch my drift. ;)

bugfartboy

Uh... Yeah. I don't know much about Flash programming so go ahead and try. And if you fail, try, try again. And I'd you fail that time, start singing the lyrics to "I believe I can Fly" but substitute the word "Fly" with "Try".

I believe I can try... I believe I can attempt to touch the sky... I think about it every night and day... Stretch my arms and try away... I believe I can attempt to soar... I see me attempting to open that do-or. I believe I can try... I believe I can try. I believe I can try-y...

Get my point? Sorry if it's off topic.

TheWanderingShadow

Alrighty then! Let's get this straight. What gender should the hero be? Any name suggestions?