The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Panjorew  (Read 10076 times)

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
Re: Panjorew
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 11:57:53 PM »

I was up late to bring this to you. And so, for those that want to make this better by keeping in tune with the history, I wrote a brief history of Panjorew.

Fate looked down on the world again. How small it was. And how small the little people were with their petty squabbles. He began to reflect on how it used to be.

To begin with, there was Fate, and there was mankind. Mankind initially was no more than another race of animals among animals, and one of the worst to boot. So, like many of the other nasty races, Fate attempted to remove them. But there was something different with man than with other animals... Man survived and adapted. Fate's first attempt involved a large flood that managed to wipe  out most of mankind... And a chunk of land. Fate's second attempt was to give the violent race the gift of magic, which at the time had no boundaries, expecting that they would wipe themselves out. As that failed, Fate began to grow fond of man and gave them a blessing of knowledge. And so they became much like us. But Fate had overlooked one large detail. He had forgotten about Man's violent nature and had forgotten to strip man of his magic. So when man had decided that Fate was just a bedtime story for kids, those that knew that Fate existed gathered as many mages as they could and launched an attack on Fate. Stunned and enraged, Fate swiftly put the limits on magic that are there today. And heartbroken, Fate made a final attempt to destroy mankind... He cast their warm tropical world into cold and ice, stripped man of most knowledge, and from then on refused to speak. 

Man was amazed and angry when they found out who had lead the cause against Fate... A nasty but wealthy man whose last name was Kimones. The remains of man banded together and attacked the perpetrator, reverting to their primal savage and violent needs. 

A few sought escape, and so crafted for themselves boats to sail to an island that they knew was off the Northen coast. Most of the ones leaving were members of the wealthy Iylspar family. And so they settled on a large island, leaving violence behind, and regaining some of Fate's compassion (who over the years blessed them and gave them access to the knowledge they once had.)

Meanwhile, back on the mainland, another family sought peace, but was afraid to leave. This family gained many supporters and settled down upon the majority of Panjorew and became reclusive while learning how to defend themselves with magic. This families name was Yemino. 

Many families settled down, but refused peace for they enjoyed the power that hatred gave. Thus they began quarreling amongst themselves, using their magic in the most gruesome ways. They had grown so used to the darkness that their souls became twisted and became known as Taronte, meaning twisted. 

However, some people over the years felt that keeping to theirselves was just cruel and began go gather under a woman who had practiced nothing but healing and began to learn under her. Her only name was Asperez.

Many tribes began to see that some disrupted the peace inside each tribe. So to correct that, they cast them out. Eventually those cast out from their tribe gathered together on the only habitable piece of land left, and became known as the Naraka, meaning "hated". 

Meanwhile, the Kimones had grown angry with the world and the way Fate had punished them. So they began plotting on taking the world by force, self-convinced that proving their strength would regain Fate's favor and return the world to it's former state. And so began the war.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:08:28 AM by Fyer »

Kaseke

• Red Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:34 AM »

That clears out some of my questions already ;) good job Fyer.
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

Shadoroq

• Mechanic
  • Trollin' wizzudously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »

I still need a rough estimate of the era of technology accessible to the tribes. Without this, for all I know we could be fighting with RPG's and miniguns (unlikely, but technically possible.)
You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 08:48:08 PM »

Have you read the history? The farthest advanced tribe is the Iylspar. And they have only advanced to the point of crossbows.

Shadoroq

• Mechanic
  • Trollin' wizzudously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »

Yes, but magic unlocks a whole new realm of possibility.

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »

But only the Iylspar, who have very little magical talent, are technologically advanced to even have a hope of doing that.

Shadoroq

• Mechanic
  • Trollin' wizzudously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »

Perhaps. But making a simple gun would be easy even for an ancient civilization so long as magic is permitted. It can't be made simpler than "put metal in tube and push." Even Indians had blow darts.

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »

But no guns. The Iylspar havn't figured out cannons or anything of the sort yet. So they havn't gotten guns. Now, please don't make this a dud! I'd like to see this come alive. Not put on the list of dead threads.

Shadoroq

• Mechanic
  • Trollin' wizzudously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »

Fine, fine, I'll settle for that. This means we'll have to discuss my character further. See you in the PMs.

Steelfist

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »

I've seriously edited my character. I'm PMing it to you.

Kaseke

• Red Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 12:02:51 PM »

It'd be nice to get our stories tangled up again, you know ;) Had fun with NoH.

Steelfist

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »

Bugfartboy? YOu aren't responding to PMs. Would you mind?

Xemadus Echina

• Blue Cape
  • :D ;D :) :( :-X :-[ :'(
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »

show of hands, how many people are interested in getting this story into gear.  Though i have an idea, remember how hell quest was based on something that we all know about? maybe it would be a better idea to base an rp on something everybody knows about so that details don't have to be discussed.  All in favor of reviving NoHR? (with the exclusion of the classic Rainen of course.  I'll use Or'tai again :P)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Kaseke

• Red Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »

I'd like to actually "play" this RP... If Buggy isn't going to continue with this one I will take over, if that's okay?

Zackirus

• Black Cape
  • Oh Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »

I'm fine with it, as long as buggy is okay with passing the torch.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9