News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Units

Started by Idozen Cair, March 05, 2011, 02:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you think is better?

Less units, but powerful
4 (57.1%)
More units, but weak
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Idozen Cair

I trying to figure out which one is better, so I decided to sought out advice from you guys.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

You want powerful units that don't die easily.  It is a pain in the ass to have weak units die and then retrain new ones to useful levels.

ArtDrake

Oh, I thought Idozen Cair meant in an RPG, whether it was better for the author to make few, overpowerd characters, or many, weaker characters. The latter gives more of a strategic element to the game.

Duskling

Quote from: Duckling on March 05, 2011, 01:47:11 PM
Oh, I thought Idozen Cair meant in an RPG, whether it was better for the author to make few, overpowerd characters, or many, weaker characters. The latter gives more of a strategic element to the game.
You mean "strategic elements," as in, provide cover, or, more precisely, serve as meat shields?

Ertxiem

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 05, 2011, 10:32:37 AM
This seems more like a TPA2 Walkthrough question [...]

I agree that it's better placed in the TPA2 walkthroughs.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

Well, actually I meant that when you have more, weaker people, you have to be more careful and strategic about how you move people.

Ertxiem

However, it's easier to beat some battles if you have a diversified team...
Ert, the Dead Cow.

ArtDrake

Not to mention that you can overpower the many units later, and then you have a large, overpowered, diversified team, rather than a small, overpowered, non-diverse team.

Idozen Cair

To Ert: Can you please move this then?

Actually, what I'm asking is since I'm playing the first few battles (bandits) on Brutal and my team is rather weak. Should I use the money on training my current swordsman, spearman, psy healer and myself; or should I buy say, one more psy healer or bowman?
I doesn't care, do I?

Ertxiem

Quote from: Idozen Cair on March 06, 2011, 01:53:17 AM
To Ert: Can you please move this then?
I did it when I said I agree with moving this topic. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.