News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Web Browser Choice

Started by MikeW781, March 12, 2011, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite web browser?

Internet Explorer
0 (0%)
Firefox
5 (62.5%)
Safari
1 (12.5%)
Google Chrome
2 (25%)
Other (post about it)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

MikeW781

The question basically says it all. I was wondering, out of curiosity, what web browsers everybody ran. Make sure to explain your choice, and tell which browsers you've tried.

For me, Firefox is beyond a doubt the best. It runs smooth, and the add-ons are amazing. The add-ons let me download Youtube videos, have a dislike button for facebook, block all ads (including Youtube ads), and change the web browser to look and run however I want. I was at first annoyed that the download window ran separately, but then I found an add on that fixed that. And it has spellcheck, which is great.
I've used IE, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

I like Google Chrome, as it runs quickly and smoothly, it also has spellcheck, and I like the way it feels overall.

I have used Internet Explorer (too clunky for my tastes), Firefox (I think it would come in second, it's not a bad browser at all), and Safari (I don't like it mainly because it is affiliated with Apple), and I' am currently using Chrome.

Ertxiem

I agree with all MikeW781 said. I tried all of the above and I prefer Firefox (Chrome is also good).
I use it on Ubuntu (a Linux distro) and on Windows.

I use these three interesting add-ons (and a few more):
- Adblock plus (I guess it's the one you mentioned);
- Quick locale switcher (in particular it switches dictionaries - interesting for those that write in more than one language);
- Firebug (shows HTML, CSS, javascript).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

Quote from: Duskling on March 12, 2011, 08:13:53 PM
I like Google Chrome, as it runs quickly and smoothly, it also has spellcheck, and I like the way it feels overall.

I have used Internet Explorer (too clunky for my tastes), Firefox (I think it would come in second, it's not a bad browser at all), and Safari (I don't like it mainly because it is affiliated with Apple), and I' am currently using Chrome.
Yeah, I've heard people say Chrome and Firefox are basically equal. I just like having the toolbar and favorites bar.

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 12, 2011, 08:19:11 PM
I agree with all MikeW781 said. I tried all of the above and I prefer Firefox (Chrome is also good).
I use it on Ubuntu (a Linux distro) and on Windows.

I use these three interesting add-ons (and a few more):
- Adblock plus (I guess it's the one you mentioned);
- Quick locale switcher (in particular it switches dictionaries - interesting for those that write in more than one language);
- Firebug (shows HTML, CSS, javascript).

I only speak french poorly, and don't know anything about code. But that's the great thing about firefox; you make it however you want

bugfartboy

I use Google Chrome. I love it. Firefox doesn't like me and Internet Explorer is slow.

MikeW781

Quote from: Bugfartboy on March 12, 2011, 08:30:27 PM
I use Google Chrome. I love it. Firefox doesn't like me and Internet Explorer is slow.
What's your problem with Firefox?
And yeah, IE is supposed to be the worst browser by far.

bugfartboy

It just doesn't seem to like my computer.

MikeW781

Odd, but then again, Chrome does the same to me.

Xemadus Echina

i prefer firefox.  Though i'll admit that on my new laptop i never really went in and did the whole customization routine.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.