News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Golden Egg

Started by Zackirus, September 19, 2010, 05:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I guess this is the sign that Craig won't be putting this side-quest into the game. Oh well.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

Unless he said so, there is always the possibility of an easter egg...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Idozen Cair

Question again: Is that exactly what the gold orb does in TPA2?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Idozen Cair

Wow. Do really hope it gets introduced to the other TRPG games.
I doesn't care, do I?

Ertxiem

I liked this side quest. It's generally balanced and the dialogue is interesting.

A few comments.
I'm assuming that this quest will be available from the start of the game. So, Duvalier might have low stats at this point.

So, having aptitude 16 or more might be quite rare. Furthermore, having aptitude above 21 would be unseen (unless if playing a New Game +).
Compare with the stats needed for the Tikki side quest.

These chickens are not that strong, which is a good thing. However, the psy form is disproportionate. At least, having a "flee" square in the battlefield would be advisable.

The Egg Shot would be more interesting if it was a counter (hitting range 1-2).

Regen of 20HP per turn is a lot!

Now, if this side quest should be played later in the game, getting the key is too easy. And the chicken normal form is also too easy.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Zackirus

1. It will probably be available half-way through the game, once you beat mission five, then you should be able to do it.

2. A flee from battle square would be good.

3. The Egg shot move, I like it better as an attack. Although, a counter-peck does sound like a good idea...

4. That's what the Golden Orb does, why do you think the battle is that tough?

5. The Key and First Chicken battle are supposed to be easy. Its lulls the player into a false sense of security and when the "real" battle starts, the player gets kinda scared...

6. Oh and these are the stats for normal...    
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

Moved the discussion about the April Fools.
Ert, the Dead Cow.