News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Doomsday Theory

Started by Duskling, March 17, 2011, 09:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the world end in 2012?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
13 (92.9%)
Undecided
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Deagonx

I understand that, I was merely adding perspective to Rainen's vague memory.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Ertxiem

Nope. The world hasn't ended. And I doubt that the Sun magnetic field flipping will end the world, since it is as strong as a fridge magnet (as is stated in the link above). I, sometimes, change my fridge magnets from place to place and the world hasn't ended... yet... :)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Most of the people who believe in the doosday theory are conspiracist.  It is the same people who believe Osama and Obama worked together to boost Obama popularity numbers by having Osama fake his dealth.

ArtDrake

And the rest are religious zealots.

Deagonx

Well, do you actually KNOW anyone that believes the world is going to end?

I mean, if you dont, how do you know they are religious, or against Obama?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

The internet. Presumably, people don't maintain server costs to express a view they don't even support.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Osirus on July 10, 2011, 04:22:25 PMThe internet. Presumably, people don't maintain server costs to express a view they don't even support.
They do that all the time.  Most websites only care about selling adds.  The more people view thier website, the more money they can charge per add.  To sell adds, people put a tone of crap that don't believe in online.  I have a friend who created a fashion suggesting website for girls even though he probably still has his mom dress him.  Addwise, he is earning alot for very little work.  Long story short: don't believe people are who they say they are on the internet.

ArtDrake

Okay, good. No one actually believes the 2012 thing; they're just faking to make money.

SmartyPants

If the site is a ".net", ".org" or ".edu", then they are not selling adds.  They are just crazy paranoid.

ArtDrake

".net"s and ".org"s actually can have advertisements. Take a look at sinister design's old page; it had Google Ads links all over.

(And advertisments don't have a second "d" in them, so it would help me out a bit if you would please call them "ads")

Xemadus Echina

Don't forget the group who believes that the world as we know it will change.  Its easily possible that out of fear somebody screws up horribly in 2012 which then sets of a chain reactions leading to a major catastrophe.  It is also easily possible that a collection of events could happen simultaneously which, even though these events are meaningless on their own, stack up to cause something meaningful to happen.

I.E. the earth's magnetic field being weakened while the sun is at a solar maximum might end up with a large solar flare being shot off right at the Earth. With a weakened magnetic field it could potentially punch right through causing damage to the world's electrical grid.

Yes, I know how slim the chances are of such an event happening. You don't need to comment on that.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.