News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Best Debator?

Started by Deagonx, April 15, 2011, 06:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best debator in GD?

im2smart4u
Duskling
Duckling
MikeW781
Deagonx
Holy Namelesskitty
Steelfist

Deagonx

Alright, first thing I would like to say is this:

If I did not include you, please do not feel offended. I added the people that I see debating a lot.

So vote!
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Ertxiem

May I suggest that you add an option "none of the above"?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Deagonx

Ehhh... the reason I'd prefer not to is because it destroys the integrity of the poll

Like adding an "I dont care" option.
If you dont care, dont vote.

MikeW781

im2smart4u is the most knowledgeable, while somewhat sarcastic/offensive. Duskling is not quite as knowledgeable, but is less hotheaded, so they basically tie.
I'd say my only strength is being the one of the few who seems to acknowledge when they do/don't have a valid opinion, in which case I either cite my ignorance towards the topic, or just don't participate.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Deagonx

To he honest I did nOt expect to get any votes... Especially since I didn't vote for myself

Duskling

I say Duckling, as he is more up-to-date and all-round more intelligent than I' am, and he's not very offensive at all (Though there are those rare moments).

P.S.: I'm not too crazy about threads comparing the intelligence of forum members, however indirectly it may be doing so.

bugfartboy

I'm with Duskie-Poo on this. While I voted, this will not end well.

ArtDrake

Duskling: Aw... that's nice of you. But don't you be giving yourself an inferiority complex now...  :(

Buggy: It could end well if we end it well. Maybe that's a bit profound, but the point is that if all of us are the best people we can be, we can choose not to be led into an argument by someone having a temporary lapse of judgement, eh?

MikeW781

Quote from: Duskling on April 15, 2011, 09:37:04 PM
P.S.: I'm not too crazy about threads comparing the intelligence of forum members, however indirectly it may be doing so.

Its not necessarily intelligence, just a combination of political knowledge, levelheadedness, and eloquent communication. And effort put towards displaying those three traits in these forums. I don't find it offensive nobody voted for me, especially considering I try more to weigh in my opinion than convince others, and never have only really been up-to-date in politics a few times.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Deagonx

This won't end well if we choose to make it so.

I think that we are mature enough to handle 'losing' in a poll like this.

Am I wrong?

ArtDrake

No, deagonx. But I don't understand your statement at the beginning. Might you be implying that we will choose to end this thread badly?

Deagonx

It will only end badly, if we choose to make it end badly.

SmartyPants

You guys are all master-debators.

Quote from: MikeW781 on April 15, 2011, 08:28:55 PMI'd say my only strength is being the one of the few who seems to acknowledge when they do/don't have a valid opinion, in which case I either cite my ignorance towards the topic, or just don't participate.
If I don't care about a topic, I don't particpate.  If I find a topic interesting but don't know much about it, then I ask questions.

Please tell me that we aren't having a debate about who is the best debator.

bugfartboy

Can you give us the option to change our votes?

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 16, 2011, 03:39:47 PM
Please tell me that we aren't having a debate about who is the best debator.
I'm glad to say "No," to that. We're just stating our opinions.